Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

Just now, MadJack said:

The current Select Group Referees might be the oldest ever, jeez. 11 of the 18 refs are over the age of 45, with just three under the age of 35. Roger East and Neil Swarbrick are the oldest at the age 52, which is surely pushing it in terms of ability to continue at this level.

There was a mandatory retirement age of something like 45 that they scrapped a few years ago, terrible decision if you ask me. That said, there are some younger refs that are absolutely stealing a living at the top level too.

4 minutes ago, Los IngobernAdam de Japon said:

There was a mandatory retirement age of something like 45 that they scrapped a few years ago, terrible decision if you ask me. That said, there are some younger refs that are absolutely stealing a living at the top level too.

That was the Fifa International List, but yeah, does seem a bit much. Also doesn't help that you've got the likes of Keith Stroud in the Select Group 2 who is 48. He's hardly going to have a lengthy career at Premier League level. >_>

• Like 1

Keith Stroud is 48!? He dropped another absolute clanger last night at Millwall, and has been consistently atrocious for years. That's the biggest problem with it all, the same refs stay at the top levels despite regular big errors that can make a huge difference to teams' fortunes.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Lineker said:

It is PROPERLY kicking off outside the stadium. Police in riot gear trying to separate fans.

Oh why am I not surprised?

Speaking from experience, but security at Spurs for these games has always been woeful. Wembley was always going to be a nightmare. 

Mind you, I haven't seen anything on Twitter yet?

16 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

That’s fair enough. 

Why do people have to be such twats anyway? Just go and watch your team play football. Fuck off with your tribalism bullshit. 

Plus, it’s my birthday. Please don’t ruin it Arsenal.

You've probably jinxed it now. 

Happy birthday though :)

• Like 1