Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

1 minute ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Yeah I suppose the Emirates is one of the most easily accessible stadiums in the country, in a geographical location that will be much easier to get to than most others.

So yeah...Arsenal are shit! City are bloody good though.

City are verrryyy good.

11 minutes ago, Liam said:

City are verrryyy good.

Bar when they come to Anfield.... :shifty:

Can't see anyone coming close to this City team in the next few seasons tbh without significant investment and changes in their team

We just don’t create chance for our strikers anymore. 

Aubamayeng will go through a similar dry patch that Lacazette did at this rate. How can we sign two players of that quality and turn them into such ordinary looking players? It’s honestly baffling. 

I think Leroy Sané is almost certain to win the Ballon d’Or at some point in his career. He’s a brilliant, brilliant player.

24 minutes ago, Liam Mk2 said:

How can we sign two players of that quality and turn them into such ordinary looking players?

This is what really annoys me. People are like "we should buy x player, we need players in x position" etc. On paper we have a team full of quality. It's disgraceful how bad we make Laca and Auba look.

At this stage, I wonder if he’s trying to prove some sort of point.

We have a game on Sunday. Granit Xhaka should be nowhere near that starting XI, but he will. 

One thing I realised tonight is that Danny Welbeck is our first choice left winger. Alex Iwobi is his backup. Henrik Mkhitaryan is our first choice right winger, and Alex Iwobi is his backup. 

Sigh.

11 minutes ago, MadJack said:

Arsenal didn't make any subs. What does that say to the likes of Iwobi about how Wenger rates them?

Wenger massively overrates Iwobi anyway. It's the only explanation as to how he even gets near the first team of a team of Arsenal's stature.

It's probably more likely that he and everyone else just gave up after the penalty miss. That second half was like a warm down after a training session.

Just now, Gazz said:

Wenger massively overrates Iwobi anyway. It's the only explanation as to how he even gets near the first team of a team of Arsenal's stature.

It's probably more likely that he and everyone else just gave up after the penalty miss. That second half was like a warm down after a training session.

Iwobi is Arsenal's Lingard. :shifty:

Inspired by reading BBC's run-down of all the relegation candidates, and because I had 20 minutes with nothing to do, I've had a go at predicting the last 10 games of the Premier League season using this calculator since BBC don't seem to do it anymore.

I ended up with Liverpool pipping Man Utd to 2nd on GD, Spurs maintaining their 2 point gap to Chelsea, Burnley coming 7th and then Swansea beating Stoke on the last day but going down with them anyway, with the pair finishing on 37 with a far worse goal difference than Southampton. It stays tight though because two home wins right at the end of the season for Crystal Palace sees them somehow come 10th, but on 41 points so only 4 points between 10th and 19th.

I think it's going to be a tight run-in for quite a number of teams this year.

3 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Been a really good game so far!

You think? 

It's been end to end like but it's shown a lack of quality from either side. 

6 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Been a really good game so far!

I missed the last ten minutes because hunger got the best of me but I have enjoyed it. Its kind of like a match you'd see at school, lots of energy and its end to end but absolutely no quality whatsoever. Just waiting for someone to put it out the stadium and they cancel the game because that was the only ball.

• Like 1