Premier League 2017/18

Lineker

6 minutes ago, MDK said:

I missed the last ten minutes because hunger got the best of me but I have enjoyed it. Its kind of like a match you'd see at school, lots of energy and its end to end but absolutely no quality whatsoever. Just waiting for someone to put it out the stadium and they cancel the game because that was the only ball.

You worded it better than me. It's been enjoyable but it is very "right your turn to run down our end and have a go and probably play a shit final ball or a really good final ball with no one getting on the end of it" 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

You think? 

It's been end to end like but it's shown a lack of quality from either side. 

I mean, my expectation was 0-0 up til the 80th minute and MAYBE a chance for one of them to nick it at the end, so this has been a pleasant surprise.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

Inspired by reading BBC's run-down of all the relegation candidates, and because I had 20 minutes with nothing to do, I've had a go at predicting the last 10 games of the Premier League season using this calculator since BBC don't seem to do it anymore.

I ended up with Liverpool pipping Man Utd to 2nd on GD, Spurs maintaining their 2 point gap to Chelsea, Burnley coming 7th and then Swansea beating Stoke on the last day but going down with them anyway, with the pair finishing on 37 with a far worse goal difference than Southampton. It stays tight though because two home wins right at the end of the season for Crystal Palace sees them somehow come 10th, but on 41 points so only 4 points between 10th and 19th.

I think it's going to be a tight run-in for quite a number of teams this year.

I have Stoke getting relegated :lol:

pltable.JPG

• Like 1

@MDK Your description of it being like a school game has just been on Sky Sports before the start of the 2nd half with a bunch of kids playing on the pitch :lol: 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

@MDK Your description of it being like a school game has just been on Sky Sports before the start of the 2nd half with a bunch of kids playing on the pitch :lol: 

I am the Oracle.

Ashley Williams is fucking shite. 

Burnley bullying Everton off corners here and make it 2-1. 

• Like 1

Ashley Williams in being a cunt shocker because he's a fucking shit pathetic excuse of a footballer.

Probably done Everton a favour for the next 3 games so swings and roundabouts I suppose 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

Ashley Williams in being a cunt shocker because he's a fucking shit pathetic excuse of a footballer.

Probably done Everton a favour for the next 3 games so swings and roundabouts I suppose 

I said as much on Twitter. He is more than a liability, I've never seen such a dramatic drop-off in ability level from one player. He has been beyond appalling all season long so him being suspended for a third of our remaining games can only be a good thing.

I was going to post my thoughts, but I'm annoyed and lazy so, just so @MDK can chastise me again for it, I'm going to embed my two tweets on the matter instead.

@Troy @Adam es Tranquilo

Is Big Sam's contract up next season? Can't remember if he only signed an 18 month contract or not. Because although originally he managed to steady things a bit this Everton team atm just looks so lackluster. I think Everton are pretty much safe so why not look into bringing in an attacking manager who can start to work with some of the players now and try to get some players in during the summer that'll actually help the squad as a whole rather than signing 5 central attacking midfielders. 

32 minutes ago, MDK said:

Literally worse than @Lineker

I just want you lot to follow me on Twitter to be honest :shifty:.

5 minutes ago, DMo Salah said:

@Troy @Adam es Tranquilo

Is Big Sam's contract up next season? Can't remember if he only signed an 18 month contract or not. Because although originally he managed to steady things a bit this Everton team atm just looks so lackluster. I think Everton are pretty much safe so why not look into bringing in an attacking manager who can start to work with some of the players now and try to get some players in during the summer that'll actually help the squad as a whole rather than signing 5 central attacking midfielders. 

His contract expires at the end of next season. The stupid thing is, he was brought in to "keep us up" but after Unsworth oversaw a 4-0 win over West Ham just before Allardyce came in - a result Allardyce takes credit for despite sitting in the stand - we were 'safe' anyway. It's pathetic.

Pretty comfortable after we got the 1st goal. Newcastle did well in the first half but I thought once we got 1 we would score more. 

Don't know how that wasn't a red card at the end though. 

Got away with that one there. Thank fuck because three games without Lascalles would be the absolute worst.