NBA 2K18

Tyrone

I already pre ordered this on the Xbox One, can't wait for MyCareer. leveling up however you want? Maybe we have enough people to play Pro Am?

I've been a SG/PG the past couple of years. So maybe either a 3 and D Small Forward or an athletic defensive SF? (you can have two archetypes now) or a defensive back to the basket PF?

On 1-9-2017 at 14:11, Lars Kuyt said:

I already pre ordered this on the Xbox One, can't wait for MyCareer. leveling up however you want? Maybe we have enough people to play Pro Am?

I've been a SG/PG the past couple of years. So maybe either a 3 and D Small Forward or an athletic defensive SF? (you can have two archetypes now) or a defensive back to the basket PF?

When/if I pick it up, I might play a post/rebound big. Or if a pro-am team is in the works and people need a Pick and Roll abusing playmaker PG, then I can do that instead because that's my jam.

On 9/1/2017 at 07:14, Apsham said:

The game has been seen played on the Switch for the first time and it looks like it's on par with all the other versions.

I haven't played MyCareer for a while so is the VC thing still tied to your console being online? I remember that I couldn't play it whenever my internet connection broke down; I wonder how it'll be on the Switch. I assume you won't be online when it's undocked and on the go, right?

Duo/Archetype Badge list has been put up and someone has made a sorted list from it.
It seems that less badges isn't neccesarily worse, as you'll often have more HOF badges, but there's still some crazy ones out there. Including the dreadful Point Guard who is both a shot creator and a sharpshooter (shudder).

I'm fully expecting multiplayer to be teeming with shot creating sharpshooters, who can just run around like they're on crack and still shoot threes from every-fucking-where. 

xbg8i81xigjz.jpg

Also, Prelude coming out tomorrow!

Edited by Jasonmufc

35 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

It's a bit of a letdown in terms of content for what they call a demo, just the very start of the MyPlayer story and no chance to play as any real teams.

Still, just 6 days to go at least.

Yeah, I had hoped they'd give some ability to play some pick up games, but sadly enough it was only a 2 or so hour story.

Prelude story was alright (bonus points for letting me play with and against the Spurs), though the small amount of CAP options was disappointing.

I've been playing the hell out of Golden State vs. the Cavs in 2KU, though.

Edited by Tyrone

Got the game today, could immediately play it after installing even though it's not midnight yet. So i've started to play MyTeam since i'll be stingy with VC in my first weeks as people learn what archetypes are good/bad for online play.

Pulled a Gold Melo and Schröder from my starter packs, Khris Middleton from my warmup challenges pack, and got sapphire Kyrie and an Embiid from my first weekly pre-order pack (will get 1 pack every week for 10 weeks).

All in all, a decent haul, and putting Melo at PF really makes him a beast in terms of working over AI PF's.

Some MyTeam info:
- You can give your team a 'system' now, which makes them more/less useful depending on the system you play. There are 8 of them in total. (Balanced, Grit & Grind, Pace & Space, Perimeter Centric, Post centric, Triangle, Seven Seconds, and Defense)
- Challenges are back, Challenge tokens are too.
- There's now 'Schedule Challenges', which are 30 challenges for all 30 teams in the NBA, for a total of 900 freaking challenges! They pay out packs, and they start out simple enough, expect them to become quite hard tho.
- Domination is back, 297 stars attainable so 99 games to be played.
- Pack and Playoffs Aka. Draft mode, you draft a team and play an online tournament with them. Pick a pack (team style), flip two cards out of 5, pick who you want, and so forth.
- Super Max mode is what has replaced the league thing, you have to build your team based on a max total of points (every card has a specific value), and you play a tournament and so forth. It's also e-league-y with tournaments and what not.

Edited by Jasonmufc
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lars Kuyt said:

I read that in MyGM mode you are forced a trade somewhere in your first season because of the storyline....

Hopefully it doesn't mean I have to give up Dirk or Barnes if that happens, i'd be livid if that happens.

Also, have played a bunch of MyPlayer with my 6'10 rebounding defender, and it's actually damn enjoyable when you get two decent players on your squad. Just going around protecting the driving angles and bullying other players down in the paint is gratifying. Especially when your teammates aren't iso-ing it for 20 seconds or are chucking it at every moment.

It's not glamorous, and there are no flashy dunks. but it still looks awesome when a big nasty white dude with a beard and manbun does get a chance to slam home a breakaway dunk.

I had my doubts about a purely defensive player, but i've started to love not having to dribble and simply focusing on working the paint on both sides. Grabbing boards and either going for a putback, or chucking it out to recycle plays. And of course, swatting overly eager slashers! :D