2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Colin Kaepernick's waste of time and money, aka the depositions for his collusion bullshit, started. First person to have their time wasted was Bob McNair, the owner of the Houston Texans.

The only things Kaep are going to get out of this are a guaranteed certainty he never plays another down of NFL football, and a huge ass legal bill once all is said and done. I'm almost hoping the courts decide that it is a waste of time and resources, and slaps a fine on him as well.

Tyrann Mathieu's been played by his agent, leaving us because he thought he could get more money then having to accept a 1-year deal for less money than we were offering him as a restructure.

Also, it seems everyone we're signing has a big injury asterisk next to their name. Like, they're all decent signings if you're playing Madden but in reality we risk half the team going down injured within weeks of the season starting.

9 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Colin Kaepernick's waste of time and money, aka the depositions for his collusion bullshit, started. First person to have their time wasted was Bob McNair, the owner of the Houston Texans.

The only things Kaep are going to get out of this are a guaranteed certainty he never plays another down of NFL football, and a huge ass legal bill once all is said and done. I'm almost hoping the courts decide that it is a waste of time and resources, and slaps a fine on him as well.

Simmer down there Tucker Carlson

• Like 6

The very early reaction I'm seeing is that it would be too costly for the Bills and other teams picking in the middle of the round to move up to #2, and that the Jets were probably the Giants' best match for a trading partner.  Now that's gone the Giants may well be stuck where they are, which is okay if they truly do want to ensure they get one of Darnold or Rosen, but if they aren't sold on them (or the one they want goes to Cleveland) it's going to put them in a pretty awkward spot.

#6 would've been the perfect spot for the Giants to take Quenten Nelson and pocket a boatload of extra picks.  Yeah they can still take him at #2 but from a pure value standpoint it's still very hard to take a guard that early unless they're convinced he's going to be a perennial All-Pro.

:lol:

Isn't he the guy who apparently wasn't intelligent enough to learn the playbook or route trees when he was at the Vikings?

I can't see that ending well with Belichick and the Patriots playbook.

• Admin

15 hours ago, TCO said:

Isn't he the guy who apparently wasn't intelligent enough to learn the playbook or route trees when he was at the Vikings?

I can't see that ending well with Belichick and the Patriots playbook.

Matthew Slater insurance.

• Like 1