2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

• Admin

Amukamara resigns with the Bears on a multi year deal.

Mo Wilkerson to the Packers. 

Dion Lewis to the Titans.

Bridgewater to the Jets. Avery Williamson also.

Former Raiders CB Sean Smith has been sentenced to one year in jail.

The Lions re-signed Nevin Lawson, and I’m quite happy with that. 2 years ten million. Preferred to the 62 mil that Butler got from the Titans, even if he is a better player. 

The news writing was a bit harsh on Lawson, but I think he’s solid. The QB rating against him wasn’t good, but he only gave up two TDs. I also think the rating looks good because our defense was a bend don’t break defense. I’d be curious to see if the rating is possibly skewed by completion percent. 

Anyway, I’m glad Bob Quin identified that not breaking up a pretty good secondary was the right way to go.

If the Bills have a serious woody for one of the QBs, they're the team I'd want the Giants to trade down with.  I'm looking at a draft pick value chart and the Giants could reasonably ask for both of the Bills' first round picks along with maybe a second in 2019 and maybe one extra mid-to-late round pick either this year or next.

It's not often a team can go from 3-13 to being a legit playoff contender the next season.  The Giants figure to still have massive offensive line woes and whilst I have faith in James Bettcher long-term, I think the transition to a 3-4 this year will be a bit awkward for guys like JPP and Vernon especially until they can build up their linebacker depth.  Basically I'd be fine just stockpiling picks, trying to give Eli something to work with this year while really targeting 2019 as a year where they can realistically contend.

I'm curious about the structure of this 4 year $30M deal that the 49ers just gave Jerrick McKinnon but nonetheless, he's a perfect fit for Shanahan's offense so I'm excited!

Edited by livid
  • Like 1

• Admin
  • Chase Daniel will be the back-up for Mitchell Trubisky.
  • The Philadelphia Eagles have re-signed linebacker Nigel Bradham, a source informed of the situation told NFL Network's Mike Garafolo.
  • Former Detroit Lions tight end Darren Fells is heading to the Browns on a three-year, $12 million deal with more than half guaranteed, a source informed of the situation told Garafolo.
  • The Jacksonville Jaguars are expected to sign former Lions cornerback D.J. Hayden to a three-year, $19 million deal that includes $9.5 million guaranteed, Rapoport reported.
  • The Tennessee Titans are re-signing guard Josh Kline to a four-year, $26 million deal that includes $12 million guaranteed, a source involved with the contract told Rapoport. Kline was ranked No. 66 on NFL.com's Top 101 Free Agents list.