2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

That's assuming Buffalo's guy (heavily rumoured to be Rosen) is still there at 4. I don't think they'd jump for just any QB.

If they trade I think it'll either be the Giants or Colts. Any later and its a risk.

The thing is, I think Chubb likely goes to the Giants or Colts. So it's possible Rosen (if that is their guy after all) is there at #4. But then again it's always so tough, near impossible to predict draft day trades. I don't think anyone saw Chicago jumping up to #2 last year. 

On 3/11/2018 at 13:23, Buschoru Suzuki said:

As for OBJ, he's definitely getting suspended.

If OBJ isn't suspended for multiple games next season, there's something seriously wrong going on.

10 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

Hoping the Bears sign Watkins or Robinson. Prefer Robinson

The Bears are expected to sign Allen Robinson - barring setbacks - once FA officially begins, according to Adam Schefter and Ian Rapoport.

• Like 1

Every Giants writer had talked of Norwell as all but a done deal for weeks, which is why I was worried they'd find a way to miss out.  Dude was by all accounts their #1 priority by a country mile, and they whiffed.

But it's easy to see why.  Even if the Giants had offered the same or slightly more, Norwell would've been a fool to not take the Jags' offer.  Much better team, better weather, and no state income tax.  Honestly writers who act like New York teams can lure players just because it's New York are being lazy.  You don't have to look further than the Knicks to see that the New York market doesn't make players see past the fact that the organization is garbage.

11 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

Every Giants writer had talked of Norwell as all but a done deal for weeks, which is why I was worried they'd find a way to miss out.  Dude was by all accounts their #1 priority by a country mile, and they whiffed.

But it's easy to see why.  Even if the Giants had offered the same or slightly more, Norwell would've been a fool to not take the Jags' offer.  Much better team, better weather, and no state income tax.  Honestly writers who act like New York teams can lure players just because it's New York are being lazy.  You don't have to look further than the Knicks to see that the New York market doesn't make players see past the fact that the organization is garbage.

I was literally going to say that as a Knicks fan, writers can take that mindset and shove it up their asses. :P 

• Like 1

I have no idea what the Giants are going to do now.  Nate Solder is an option but there are a million teams interested.  It's also likely that Justin Pugh is going to land a huge offer to go elsewhere.

Starting to think trading down and taking Quenten Nelson might actually happen.

3 minutes ago, Lineker said:

Monday: story appears linking Drew Brees to the Vikings.

Tuesday: Saints pay Drew Brees.

Agents doing the job they're paid to be Doing, I guess!

Saints were going to have $18 million in dead money if they didn't sign Brees.  Agent did his job awhile ago.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

:(

This means Elway is going to take a QB at #5 I bet, because I doubt he sees Keenum as the answer. And I love Elway to death but homey can’t draft worth dick.

Oooooh Josh Allen!

• Sad 1

Sammy Watkins is going to the Chiefs on a deal that might be worth $16 million a year, which is an incredibly stupid amount to pay Sammy Watkins.

• Like 1