2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

If all these moves coming out today do happen, and say Bridgewater goes to the Jets, how many teams are seriously going to be after a QB in Round 1? There's maybe 4-5 prospects who could realistically go in the 1st, so are any likely to still be on the table once it rolls around to Arizona's pick at #15? (this of course ignores the potential for trading up)

Browns, Giants, Bills...am I missing anyone obvious? Plus Nick Foles is still in play if Philadelphia wants to try and make something off of him now.

It'd be great if we could somehow snag a project like Jackson or Mayfield without having to trade up but I won't get too carried away with my speculation.

That contract still makes me feel some kinda way, because hopefully it does lead to more fully guaranteed deals.  At least Kirk's injury history isn't as lengthy  as someone like Bradford's.

Though I do think about what the Eagles pulled off with Wentz/Foles and what it could do to the league's thinking.  Probably nothing, but maybe teams will want to have that luxury, though it could only be done when one QB has a rookie-type deal because of the amount QBs usually count against the cap.  Cousins counting for $26 million is the classic trope of NFL teams having to put all of their eggs in one position, whereas the Eagles just turned that notion on its ear.

6 minutes ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

If all these moves coming out today do happen, and say Bridgewater goes to the Jets, how many teams are seriously going to be after a QB in Round 1? There's maybe 4-5 prospects who could realistically go in the 1st, so are any likely to still be on the table once it rolls around to Arizona's pick at #15? (this of course ignores the potential for trading up)

Browns, Giants, Bills...am I missing anyone obvious? Plus Nick Foles is still in play if Philadelphia wants to try and make something off of him now.

It'd be great if we could somehow snag a project like Jackson or Mayfield without having to trade up but I won't get too carried away with my speculation.

The Broncos could still take one. I wouldn't be surprised, though I'd rather us take Quentin Nelson.

Also you don't want Mayfield. 

16 minutes ago, Meacon said:

The Broncos could still take one. I wouldn't be surprised, though I'd rather us take Quentin Nelson.

Also you don't want Mayfield. 

I typed the Broncos then took them off, they're the only other one in the top 15 I could see going for one and even then I'm not so sure.

Mayfield, yeah he's one of those, definitely a gamble. Tyrann Mathieu was a huge gamble for similar reasons and he worked out, granted it's not a foolproof comparison.

Taylor Gabriel to the Bears.

Really happy with what Ryan Pace had done so far in free agency.

I'm also starting to suspect four quarterbacks will be selected before the Bears pick at 8. That would almost certainly leave them with one of Quinton Nelson, Minkah Fitzpatrick or Bradley Chubb to choose from, all of whom would be great value picks at positions of need.

• Like 1