2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

11 minutes ago, Dan said:

Cousins getting a full guaranteed contract from the Vikings. :wacko:

This makes me really intrigued in what happens with Matt Ryan's contract extension.  If this is going to be the new standard for QB contracts, then a.) I hope everyone in the NFL can start nabbing fully guaranteed deals and b.) every QB who has a single decent season (let alone any MVP awards) is going to account for a quite a bit against the cap.

5 minutes ago, Meacon said:

There's your spending, @Adam es Tranquilo :shifty::lol:

Hey, if I was the guy making these decisions, I'd consider Bradford a better move than McCarron, and we were always an outsider in the race for Cousins anyway. Plus, a fully guaranteed contract? Doesn't seem a great idea.

That said, I'd rather have gone for Bridgewater than Bradford if we're going the "hope an injury prone talent doesn't go down again" route. Bradford though is a former #1 pick and posted his best season in 2016. Plus, if his knee scope last season has fully cleared it up as best as it can for him, he might be a good bridge QB. We wanted someone who could make us a contender with Fitz nearing retirement and our divisional rivals suddenly emerging with hot young QBs, so this might not be such a bad attempt at keeping up. Let's see how it all shakes out.

Bradford would be a fine addition, but the first time he sneezes his shoulder will pop out of socket or his knee will fall off. There's no more "if's" when talking about him getting injured, just simply "when". 

I would've preferred Bridgewater too. Not sure where he ends up now. I'd hate to see him be a Jet. 

Just now, thatshortguy said:

If the Vikings don't nab Bridgewater, I will be very interested in their QB situation next year.

I'm sure Cousins solves that. :P 

• Like 2