2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

Smart move by the Eagles. Keeping Foles is great insurance in case Wentz needs more time to recover, and they can always move him a few weeks into the season. They don't need to move Foles, so if someone wants him now they need to pay a high price.

4 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

I wager they will usually wear the all-white uniform at home.

For day games, maybe.  But they've had all black unis before and used them at home.

Damn.  Atlanta had been tied to that Bennett deal, which makes me worry that they're actually going after Sherman.

If the Falcons are so worried about revamping their TE spot that they released Toilolo, they may go for Ebron.  Kinda hoping they stay away from both, though, as I think they could find depth at both positions cheaper elsewhere.

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Richard Sherman is saying goodbye to his Seattle team mates and is not expecting to be a Seahawk next season.

And Michael Bennett has just been traded to the Eagles.

a54.gif

• Like 1

I'm not sure how to feel about the trade.  On one hand, Ogletree signed a huge contract extension last year only to go on to be one of the worst linebackers in football last season.  So not only do the Giants have to pick up a lot of money, but this trade now leaves them with only five draft picks after a three-win season.

On the other, Ogletree's been really good for the rest of his career and the linebacker position had been ignored for years under Reese.  Gettleman is rolling the dice on Ogletree's performance last year being a fluke.

1 hour ago, Maxx said:

a54.gif

Thanks for the visualization of what our dline will be doing to olines next season

28 minutes ago, Buschoru Suzuki said:

I'm not sure how to feel about the trade.  On one hand, Ogletree signed a huge contract extension last year only to go on to be one of the worst linebackers in football last season.  So not only do the Giants have to pick up a lot of money, but this trade now leaves them with only five draft picks after a three-win season.

On the other, Ogletree's been really good for the rest of his career and the linebacker position had been ignored for years under Reese.  Gettleman is rolling the dice on Ogletree's performance last year being a fluke.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Giants trade down from 2, especially if someone desperate for a QB wants to give a small ransom for Rosen/Darnold/Allen