2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

2 hours ago, Lineker said:

He has Lamar Jackson as a top 10 pick. Is this guy serious? He won't even be a first round pick. I'm shocked if he even goes in the third round. He's not a NFL caliber quarterback.

1 minute ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

He has Lamar Jackson as a top 10 pick. Is this guy serious? He won't even be a first round pick. I'm shocked if he even goes in the third round. He's not a NFL caliber quarterback.

He has better stats than Josh Allen against superior competition and has improved as a passer in each of his years in college. If you're not mad at Allen being #1 then you can be fine with Jackson in the Top 10. 

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

This is how you end up with no QB and waste a few years of your team's window.  Better hope they land Cousins.

I get the feeling they're going all-in on Cousins and using one of these 3 guys as their backup plan.

If I had the choice I'd rather Bridgewater over Cousins. Less money for one, and I don't think the talent dropoff is that much at all. 

Bears GM Ryan Pace has said Willie Young is cut while talks with Kyle Fuller are ongoing. 

The Bears could have the third most amount of cap space available when all is said and done.

However, we have huge holes at WR, OLB and CB. Ideally need to pick up two quality guys at each position this off-season.

I'm really hoping Allen Robinson becomes a free agent and ends up with the Bears.

I'd take Cousins over Bridgewater at the moment. Sure, Teddy might end up better, but for a  'win now' team, Cousins is far the better option. 

As for where he'll end up - Browns and Jets have craploads of cap room and could comfortably outbid anyone else. I think the Vikes are only middle of the pack in that regard? 

I think Keenum might have been the result of having a deep team around him and a good OC. But still worth a gamble if you're a good team, I wouldn't think he'd do much with a Jets or Browns situation where they're still a year or two away.

This is gonna be a wild start to free agency no matter what though, so many dominoes to fall at multiple positions. And then there's the deep QB class in the draft itself.

• Like 1

• Admin
  • 'All or Nothing' series to showcase Cowboys' 2017 season
  • Miami have granted Jarvis Landry and his representatives permission to seek and facilitate a trade, per sources informed of the situation. The Dolphins placed the franchise tag on Landry last week. The tag will pay Landry approximately $16 million and is non-exclusive, meaning he's able to negotiate with other teams, but would cost an outside suitor two first-round draft picks for the right to sign him. 
  • LA Rams will trade or release Tavon Austin
  • The Seattle Seahawks are shopping Pro Bowl defensive lineman Michael Bennett in trade talks, a source tells ESPN.
  • Ohio State center Billy Price suffered an apparent left pectoral injury during his bench press workout at the NFL combine Thursday. Price, who has been projected as a possible first-round pick, was in considerable pain during his fourth bench press rep. He immediately grabbed his left pec and left the stage grimacing.
  • Multiple teams have reached out to Lamar Jackson to have him work out at the Combine as both a QB and a WR.

I know I shouldn't read too much into combine numbers but holy shit guys, I want Saquon Barkley in a 49ers uniform next season. 

5 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Sigh...

If I were him I'd ask those teams if they're asking Josh Allen to try out at WR too. 

Edited by livid