2018 NFL Off-Season Thread

Lineker

It’s hard to be excited about any running back if your O-Line isn’t there. It’s like trying to put a puzzle together from the inside out. Do the frame of the puzzle (get your o-line) and then it’s easier to put the other pieces together.

That said I can’t see the Giants taking a lineman at #2 either so that’s kinda moot unless they trade back.

Solder protecting Eli's blindside is a great start and I'd imagine the interior will be boosted later in the draft. I'm more concerned with blowing OBJ and Barkley's primes in QB purgatory.

I think the Giants were hoping for the Broncos to have a substantial enough desire for one of the top two QBs so that they could move back and take Quenten Nelson at #5, but that doesn't sound like it will happen.  The Bills are now their best hope for a trade partner but #12 to #2 would be a big jump.  I can't see it.

I would be more concerned taking Barkley with McAdoo at HC than Shurmur. With the way Shurmur gets the most out of his QBs I would be fine with grabbing another QB in Round 2/3 and have him and Davis Webb see who can get take the reigns under Pat. It's probably a pipe dream but I wouldn't mind Jackson in Round 2 if he's still around, although I have my doubts he gets out of Round 1.

All else fails we have a horrible season with Eli and are back where we started - now with a stud RB. <_< 

True.

I'd be more than happy to trade with Buffalo if that means getting atleast their 2 firsts this year and their first for next season. I'd feel Jackson would still be doable at their pick and we could still grab some more oline help. 

Yeah my ideal situation would be to take Barkley at 2 and trade up from 2.2 into the back end of the first round to grab Lamar Jackson. Ain't happening though. I think 5 QBs go in the top 15.

Also I can't see Mayfield to the Giants. His character is a complete mismatch to what the Mara's go for. Ultimately if Darnold goes #1, its Saquon or trade back.

8 hours ago, The Chiksrara Special said:

I must have missed out. Never heard of Rudolph

The most famous reindeer of them all? Has a red nose? Guided Santa's Sleigh? 

I think the Lions are going defensive line. I don't know if it's DT or DE though, probably best player of either position with an outside shot we take a pass rushing Linebacker. 

I'm excited, the draft is fun. Ideally, I'd love a trade down. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Los Ingobernables De VP said:

Yes

Welp...

Switchblade.gif

Edit: Of course, this means:

Damnit Dad, why couldn't you like the Browns?  :( 

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Schefter is reporting the Browns are considering Mayfield at #1. Now obviously you consider everyone but the Browns taking him #1 would soooooo be Browns.

If they have legitimately not decided which QB they like best, they may as well take Saquon at #1 and see who is left at #4 imo. 

Never trust random blurbs that come out days before the draft, chances are it's just a smokescreen. 

Which is to say that I bet they've already decided.

Edited by livid

I'm actually glad that I still have no idea who the hell the Giants are taking two days before the draft.  Barkley would seem to be the easy money pick but I've heard varying degrees of interest on three or four quarterbacks, Chubb, and a few more.  It's just one smokescreen after another, and I'm fine with it given their recent draft history.

Two years ago, it was widely reported that the Giants' top targets were Jack Conklin and Leonard Floyd, and they were expected to both still be around at the #10 pick.  So of course the Titans and Bears both traded directly in front of the Giants to get those players.  The leaks cost them who they actually wanted, and instead they got stuck with Eli Apple.