Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

32 minutes ago, stokerino said:

They were talking pre-match about how Chelsea haven't visited Dublin since something like 1991, so I'm not surprised.

And Chelsea didn't get somewhat interesting from an outside perspective for a few more years. 

Liverpool and Man United are way ahead, then it's probably Arsenal. Leeds in the previous generation. After that it's a pattering of many.

I got caught up in the Newcastle hype in 95-97 and was far too young to know better. I know an few Chelsea, Spurs and Villa fans along with a single Wolves and Fulham fan! Everybody else falls under the big three. I've yet to meet a Man City fan in person but they do exist and the next generation will be full of them.

Celtic are also huge but for different and obvious reasons. I hate both Old Firm sides equally because of the sectarian bullshit1

Pretty much. It's historically successful clubs and Irish players of note or irish links (Chelsea have had very few Irish players- some Irish internationals but that's not necessarily the same). 

There'll be a fair few in the next generation of adults I reckon. That 2005 Chelsea team was ridiculously entertaining and Duff was a key component of it.

Back when we had top quality Premier League players!

Watching the Paddy Crerand show and a Jose fan called Andy rang up(from Hemel Hempstead). I literally mean he is a Jose fan. I think he follows Mourinho from club to club as he said he follows United because Mourinho is now our manager. The caller proceeds to stick up for his idol and says United are just a centre half and Willian away from being the team Jose needs.

1 hour ago, stokerino said:

Yep. Tony 'oh whoops turns out I wasn't technically Irish after all' Cascarino.

He had a right to the passport though. His adopted mother's parents were Irish. Obviously not blood related but he didn't break any rules at least!

15 minutes ago, MDK said:

Anyone could get in that Irish side at that time.

tbf, anyone can get in it now looking at recent call ups. :shifty:

4 hours ago, TCO said:

John O'Shea is a legend. 5 Premier Leagues, FA Cup, League Cup and Champions League. 118 International caps, Scored against Germany and nutmegged Luis Figo.

I class him with Wes Brown or any of the other myriad of "not that great but he'll do a job" players that SAF had around United in his time.

• Like 1