Premier League 2018/19

Lineker

44 minutes ago, MDK said:

I wish they would bring in the 50+1 rule over here.

You would see next to no movement in terms of which clubs are at the top of the game - and it would be much harder for teams to rise through the pyramid. The 50+1 rule is bad for the game.

No need to be sarcy, Myke's not wrong - there is a firmly established status quo at the top of the English game. Man City had to become the richest club in the league overnight just to get near what was then the Big 4, and Spurs have only recently become a regular fixture in the UCL places. Leicester also was a complete one-off, they went straight back to being a midtable team after winning the title.

It is getting harder and harder for teams to rise through the pyramid, you already need a good cash injection to make any real dents. The Championship even is almost a Premier League 2 in reality at this stage.

• Like 2

Top flight football in England, and I guess Spain, Germany and France, is pointless. Unless you have the random Leicester or [Insert Foreign Team] win the league what is the point? We are already very close to a breakaway Euro Super League that it might as well happen. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MDK said:

Top flight football in England, and I guess Spain, Germany and France, is pointless. Unless you have the random Leicester or [Insert Foreign Team] win the league what is the point? We are already very close to a breakaway Euro Super League that it might as well happen. 

Mate it's not pointless...I haven't seen us win the Prem yet <_<

39 minutes ago, DavidMarrio said:

Mate it's not pointless...I haven't seen us win the Prem yet <_<

But you have won the top four so theres that.

27 minutes ago, TCO said:

In between Lyon and PSGs respective spells of dominance, Ligue 1 was pretty great. That Lille team was stacked for that one year and Montpellier were the OG Leicester!

But nobody cares about Ligue Un.

I know he had a week off due to his newborn but Martial still can't get a start?

If you'd told me three months ago that Darmian and Shaw would still be Man Utd players on the opening day, much less starting the match, I would've asked what you were smoking.

Maddison looks like he’s been in the Premier League for years, certainly more than half of the United lot. First 3 minutes were great, the next 42 were dreadful. I love Bailly but he’s a sliding red card waiting to happen.