NBA 2018-2019 Season

Pooker

16 hours ago, Pooker said:

I loved Carroll when he played for the Jazz.

And he was a solid three for the Hawks, as well.  He managed to parlay that into a huge Toronto contract and then promptly just meh'd around until having his best scoring season ever with Brooklyn...because Brooklyn.

He strikes me as one step below Al Horford.  Not a max level guy, but a great role player.

Melo and a protected 2022 1st have been traded to the Hawks for Dennis Schroder and Mike Muscala. Melo will be waived and is free to join whichever team he wants. The Thunder are expected to keep Schroder but Muscala will be somewhere else. 

8 minutes ago, Lars Kuyt said:

Any atlanta fans? How's schroder?

Not an Atlanta fan, but Schröder is a high energy point guard with all the pro's and con's that come with it. He can score in bunches, pass really well, but at times can be really inefficient and his defense isn't particularly spectacular either. For a backup to Westbrook he's all that you'd really want, but it's going to be interesting how he'll perform on a team that is aiming to be a winning side that can be playoff bound, so his numbers could dip.

Also, he still got his assault charge coming up and if he's found guilty then he could be deported, so there's that problem.

Edited by Jasonmufc

A few years ago, the Jazz were in talks to trade for one of Atlanta's point guards. Schroder was the one I wanted us to trade for. We ended up with Shelvin Mack. Horrible deal for us, but always been a fan of Schroder.

Yogi Ferrell reneged on a 2 year deal with the Mavs to sign a deal that'll give him nearly a million more per season at the Kings.

I'm not even mad, from what i've seen/heard is that the Mavs are trying to make a deal for David Nwaba as a defensive addition, and that would make playing time for Yogi all the tougher to attain when you got DSJ/Barea/Brunson/Wes/Doncic all vying for the same two spots on the court. Additionally Devin Harris is still out there in free agency, and there's a big chance the Mavs will bring him back on a 1yr vet again.

So yeah, I don't blame Yogi for taking a better deal at the Kings, I can see him get a lot more minutes there and I hope he can impress.

I think at this point it's probably a pretty good move for D-Wade. He's done all he can do in the NBA and the Heat aren't going anywhere with or without him on the team. He's got three rings, so why not take the gravy train contract and spend your final few basketball playing seasons making a shitload of bank in China and retiring with more money than anyone would ever need.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The NBA is looking for a new home in the UK as BT have pulled out of the bidding to extend their contract from October onwards.

The likely home is Eleven Sports who have just bought the rights to Serie A and possibly the UFC from them.

This is not good news.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Pooker said:

Manu Ginobili has announced his retirement after 16 NBA seasons.

With him leaving the only players left from the 2014 championship are Patty Mills and Marco Belinelli (the latter having only rejoined the team this off-season.) and of course Pop being there as the head coach.

• 4 weeks later...

The Knicks are a team Jimmy Butler is asking to be sent to. 

Honestly, no thanks. It reeks so much of the Carmelo deal all over again. This team needs to stink and maybe go after Durant and whoever else next off-season. Bringing in Butler to take this team from a potential Top-8 pick to the 13th or 14th pick doesn't do anyone any good. 

18 minutes ago, Chris2K said:

Not a great day to be a T-Wolves fan. Jimmy Butler demanding a trade, Towns and Wiggins both unhappy as well, the whole basis of the team seems to be falling apart before it even fit together.

Tom Thibodeau is really a massive turd, and he should've been fired because he's just a master at turning a team against him or burning them up ala the Bulls. Well, the team was becoming the TimberBulls anyways with the mind-boggling addition of Luol Deng.

Seriously, the T-Wolves have a good core of players, but they're led by a complete dumbass Head Coach who is decent at best, dangerously incompetent at worst.

All five starters of the T-Wolves last season ran over 33 minutes a game, that's nice if the players survive the torture and Wiggins/KAT/Taj seemed to be able to, but Butler missed a chunk of games and Teague did too. Also Thibs is known for his alleged defensive mastermind, the team was still 27th in defensive rating.

Now there three main stars are angry and want to leave the team, which really means that the front office is completely intolerable to work with from a player point of view. And the worst part is, Timberwolves fans are now going from a bright-ish future to a bleak one after so many years of suffering and 'process-ing'.

Axe Thibs, purge the front office. Because no team should be capable of ruining their franchise this ridiculously.

They never should have let Thibs be the president and Scott Layden be the GM. Layden honestly is probably the worse of the two. He's an OK assistant coach but that's about it. You know it's bad when your star player wants to be traded to the Knicks or the Nets.

• Haha 1