2018 College Football thread

Lineker

I guess Christion Abercrombie still isn't doing well. :(

There's a GoFundMe for him as well.

https://www.gofundme.com/tennessee-state-univ-athletics-dept

6 hours ago, Meacxico said:

vastly underrated how nasty of a rebuild that program is for the Chipster. What the hell was Mora doing? It's not like they had terrible recruiting classes. It's like he killed their will to football. 

His recruiting classes were full of WR and DBs, but short on OL. Hundley, then Rosen covered up a lot. Look at Josh now, he's gonna be great if he doesn't get broken.

It's gonna be a big project. Team's super young.

39 minutes ago, DMN said:

His recruiting classes were full of WR and DBs, but short on OL. Hundley, then Rosen covered up a lot. Look at Josh now, he's gonna be great if he doesn't get broken.

It's gonna be a big project. Team's super young.

People are quickly writing him and Scott Frost off, because people are idiots and think if you don’t win ten games immediately you should be fired. But I’d put money down that both men have their teams in their conference championship games within three years.

Edited by Meacxico

Even Saban had a rough 1st year at Alabama. These guys inherit messes and it takes a little while to turn it around.

Frost's start has a bit of bad luck and I think the Huskers will finish strong. But Chip inherited a dumpster fire that Jim Mora threw gasoline on when he walked out the door.

Since I’m at my company’x Allen, TX facility for a few days, I went and took in an Allen High School football game.  Coming from a state where high school football is a total afterthought that nobody cares about, seeing 20,000 people at one was such a culture shock.

Also, Allen are the reigning state and national champions and put up 74 points against a team that was a big rival and also undefeated.  I likely saw several players who are going to go on to have good college careers, including WR Theo Wease who has committed to Oklahoma and was just catching everything thrown at him.

• Like 1