College Football 2023

Lineker

I was looking at various clothing on Amazon, and actually found a Tennessee kilt. I'm sure there are probably some for other college sports teams, but didn't come across any.

(And no, I'm not getting that kilt. If I was going to get one, it would be a utility kilt in Ancient Black Watch or something blue. Unfortunately, the tartans for the two different Scottish clans I've got ancestry from are rather ugly.)

On 02/02/2024 at 20:35, GhostMachine said:

I was looking at various clothing on Amazon, and actually found a Tennessee kilt. I'm sure there are probably some for other college sports teams, but didn't come across any.

(And no, I'm not getting that kilt. If I was going to get one, it would be a utility kilt in Ancient Black Watch or something blue. Unfortunately, the tartans for the two different Scottish clans I've got ancestry from are rather ugly.)

I always forget you're a lowdown, dirty, snitch, wearing that kinda orange you can't sit with.

In more serious news, Chip Kelly is going to be the new OC at Ohio State, which, man, he's going to do great there, not having to recruit, and now *crosses fingers* UCLA can hire a young, exciting head coach that actually wants to recruit.

Ah, who the fuck am I kidding, it's a year that starts in a 2, both my football teams are destined to be trash.

The Buffet Raiders are trash, period. 

Chip must be either getting paid more to be an OC than he was getting as a HC or has been promised the job once Michigan's Bitch decides to fire Third Base.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• 3 weeks later...

Caleb Williams wants an ownership stake in whichever team signs him. Not going to happen due to NFL rules against a player having a stake in the team he plays for.

Not throwing at the combine.

Now they're saying he's also going to skip the medical evaluations.

Does this motherfucker actually not want to play football, or is he just insane and think he's the greatest QB of all time?

He backtracked on the ownership stake. I'd be wary of him because he's surrounded himself with people who are setting themselves up for an enormous payday even if he fizzles out as a player. The first true NIL superstar, going to be a lot more of them coming through in the next few years who have built generational wealth before even taking an NFL snap. Time will tell if that makes these players of this sort less hungry and less humble.

• 1 month later...
On 02/03/2024 at 14:44, GhostMachine said:

Caleb Williams wants an ownership stake in whichever team signs him. Not going to happen due to NFL rules against a player having a stake in the team he plays for.

Not throwing at the combine.

Now they're saying he's also going to skip the medical evaluations.

Does this motherfucker actually not want to play football, or is he just insane and think he's the greatest QB of all time?

He knows he's the #1 pick. Everyone in the world knows. All he can do by throwing at the Combine or anything else is reduce his stock. He knows his worth, basically. Marvin Harrison has been similar this year.

It's not a bad thing in my opinion, on its own, and it doesn't reflect on their character either. The ownership stake isn't allowed anyway, and it sounded like his dad was pushing that.

• Like 1