College Football 2023

Lineker

20 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Michigan win it 30-24 on a final drive interception.  What a game.

I only got to watch the last quarter mainly, but I walked away feeling that both of those teams are incredibly mediocre, Ohio State especially. McCord especially is not a good QB at all. I can easily see Michigan losing in the Semifinals of the Playoffs.

• Like 2

Georgia and the Pac-12 champ are bonafide locks. Feel like win or lose Michigan gets in too. FSU, should they scrape by and win the ACC, likely team number 4 even though they'll get slaughtered. Same can be said for Texas.

If Bama wins the SEC they'd probably get in ahead of FSU, ACC is barely a top conference this year.

Have to say baring some total chaos it feels like Ohio State are out.

Pulling for the Huskies in the playoff, for sure.  Even if Washington (and the 10 other departing schools) were dicks to OSU and WSU, every step of the way.

The deluge of guys entering the portal a week after the season ends met with coaches all departing for other programs really kills the season-to-season momentum of college football. The 40-year quest for one true champion has really ruined a lot of the draw. 8 wins is never enough, being a proper program is never enough, it's an annual free agency chase.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Krabby said:

Someone mutilated a longhorn and left it outside of a OK State frathouse...

Beyond digusting. And if someone killed the longhorn just to do this, hopefully bad karma takes a bite out of them, if they're not identified and caught.

I'm waiting to see Saban and whiny Tide fans try to argue that Alabama should get a playoff spot after they play Georgia. Georgia should still be in even if Alabama wins, anyway. (Alabama won the National Championship in a year they lose to SEC Championship to Georgia.)

Edited by GhostMachine

Well, Bama wins.

I don’t see any scenario where they’re dropping Georgia all the way out after this game.  Barring Michigan choking I’m expecting it’s gonna end up being Michigan 1, Washington 2, Bama 3, Georgia 4

Maybe flip 2 and 3 but it doesn’t really matter.  The committee will set up the inevitable SEC rematch for the natty.  The semi-final games won’t be close.

• Sad 1