College Football 2023

Lineker

Miami had legit one of the worst losses ever.

40 seconds left, no timeouts left for Georgia Tech.  Rather than simply line up in the victory formation and kneel out the clock, Miami call a running play.  RB fumbles.  Georgia Tech to on to win with 1 second left.

If I’m the AD I’m firing everyone today.

• Haha 1

On 08/10/2023 at 22:40, Maxx said:

At your age you should understand how media works enough not to be this bothered by it.

The bother is that groups and sites dedicated to other conferences are even posting stuff about Colorado. Otherwise, I wouldn't care. I don't read Saturday Down South, a site about the SEC, to read about a overhyped Pac-12 team I don't care about that doesn't at least have an SEC opponent on their schedule to somewhat justify it. There are also at least two SEC groups on Facebook that have posted articles about Colorado, AND a Vols specific one. That doesn't happen with other non-SEC teams. If I didn't have to hear or read about the Buffaloes just about every time I want to watch or read about College Football, it would not be an issue.

Edited by GhostMachine

10 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

A lot of people do care because a player as great and famous as Deion Sanders has basically never coached a D1 school. It's a big curiosity for a ton of people. You can just pop in a filter to mute the word "Colorado" on a lot of sites if it gets to be too much.

Man, I really want to argue with this, but I think it might be right

On another note, ironically considering the previous conversations we've had about Caleb Williams, there's a report out now that he's rumored to want part ownership in whatever team drafts him.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38696639/ncaa-investigating-no-2-michigan-amid-sign-stealing-allegations

Michigan is being charged with allegedly sending people to not only conference rivals but also potential playoff rivals to try and steal offensive and defensive play calling signs to be better prepped and aware of what is to come.