College Football 2021

Lint

Oh, he can flat out have the Hiesman. Who cares if he gets some fake trophy? 

But who should get the real one, the Heisman?

10 hours ago, Buschie Kay said:

UConn lost to Holy Cross.  Just fold the program.

Washington lost to Montana. First time an FCS team has beaten a FBS one since 2016. (North Dakota State over Iowa) 

11 hours ago, damshow said:

Randy Edsall has been stealing a paycheck for a decade now.

I mean a big task of all college coaches is to recruit, right?  Well Edsall was quoted recently saying something like “if I have to convince someone to play here, it’s not going to work.”

That’s literally what recruiting is.

41 minutes ago, Buschie Kay said:

I mean a big task of all college coaches is to recruit, right?  Well Edsall was quoted recently saying something like “if I have to convince someone to play here, it’s not going to work.”

That’s literally what recruiting is.

Granted Maryland was a mess when he arrived (bleeding money, shutting down programs) and it took a couple years of Big Ten money plus Kevin Plank keeping the football program solvent but Edsall looked like he had all motivation sapped from him once he started getting big paychecks at Maryland. He clearly took that "just here for the money" motivation back to Storrs.

3 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Oh, he can flat out have the Hiesman. Who cares if he gets some fake trophy? 

But who should get the real one, the Heisman?

How have I allowed this to happen to me, being fairly burnt by GM, I mean...HES SO GOOD WERE MAKING A SECOND AWARD TO GIVE HIM!

That's what I get for posting high, I guess. I over thought how to spell Heisman.

Anyway, in case any of y'all missed it, this is how badly the Bruins got to Brad Johnson's kid.

https://m.imgur.com/1awZYqv

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

The play by play reaction to that in real time was glorious.  Let’s go Bruins, they’re a very fun team to watch.

I think we'll go as far as DTR can take us. He doesn't have to be amazing, he just has to make a few plays a game and the running game and defense can do the rest, which, damn, it's weird to have faith in a UCLA defense.

My real worry is sustainability, because the team, the defense especially, has so many fifth and sixth year seniors, so next year will be big. I am starting to believe that Chip Kelly hasn't lost it, we just didn't have the talent. 

I do love this offense, though. 

3 hours ago, Maxx said:

Also, if you want a good laugh, you should check out tigerdroppings, the LSU fan board. Those southern dudes are losing their minds.

17 hours ago, damshow said:

Randy Edsall has been stealing a paycheck for a decade now.

He just announced he's going to retire at the end of the year.