College Football 2020

Lineker

The score was lopsided because Cumberland College had discontinued their football program but were obligated to either play the game or pay Georgia Tech $3,000. They literally fielded a bunch of nobodies. Most of the `players' were frat guys.

And its speculated that Georgia Tech's coach intentionally ran up the score, because the year before Cumberland College shutout Georgia Tech 22-0. (Back then games were mostly low scoring).

Surprisingly, there have been a lot of lopsided college games with a winning score over 100. The majority were in the 1910's and 1920's.

My own personal favorite football info: In 1939, the Tennessee Volunteers won the National Championship without being scored upon the entire season....then lost the Rose Bowl to  USC 0-14. General Neyland was an absolute beast as a head coach during the season, but not so much during bowl games. 173-31-12 record, but 2-5 in bowls.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah, I’m bummed they may not be in the game, but it also means that Notre Dame is taking a stand and won’t participate until student athletes get compensated so I’m all for it.

That said, a lot can change by the time the game comes out.

For sure, I can respect that. 

Will admit I am kinda intrigued by a college game. Been ages since i played a newer football game, since 2K football games got axed anyway. 

• 1 month later...

So the 2020 FCS season is still going on. This play happened.

Also, and I'm not 100% sure of the exact circumstances, but the CAA selected Delaware as conference champs over JMU (who are measurably better). So Delaware gets an auto bid meaning the selection committee has to award an at-large to JMU. Basically a dirty to way for the conference to ensure two teams in the tournament field.

• Like 4