College Football 2023

Lineker

And speaking of Colorado State, Henry Blackburn, the player who put the dirty hit on Travis Hunter, is receiving death threats AND had his home address posted. Fans who would do something like that are trash. Seriously.

HOWEVER, I think he should be suspended as many games as Hunter is out, +1. That should be the punishment for ANY dirty hit that results in injury. (1 and a half game suspension if there's no injury.)

As an aside, I'm sick of people hyping Sanders and the Buffaloes. Yes, he quickly turned that program around, but their defense is pathetic and they had to go to two OTs to beat a team they were heavily favored over. They beat a depleted TCU, yes, but it was a close game, and last year's Georgia would score 90 on this year's Colorado. They *might* beat USC (I wouldn't bet on it, either way), but Oregon will end their undefeated streak. I hope Prime is heavily recruiting defense. And Hunter will be a stud in the NFL if he keeps playing like he does.

Edited by GhostMachine
Added the CSU player's name

4 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Back in my day we called 9th year college students "the weed dude".

Or doctors.

And Colorado won't beat USC. It'd be hilarious if they did, both because I hate USC and because ESPN will blow their collective load, but they're not as great as the media wants you to believe. 

On 20/09/2023 at 13:40, Meacon Keaton said:

Or doctors.

And Colorado won't beat USC. It'd be hilarious if they did, both because I hate USC and because ESPN will blow their collective load, but they're not as great as the media wants you to believe. 

Like I said, their defense is Swiss cheese. Last year, TCU barely managed to score against Georgia and got stomped in the National Championship game. But Colorado barely scraped out a win against a depleted TCU team that was ranked 17th at the time, AND let that team score 42 on them. And they had to go to two OTs to defeat a team that they were favored to beat by 14.5.

1 hour ago, Lint said:

I 'loved' the comments on Reddit from dudes who clearly never played the game, talking about how her size would be an issue in D3 when there are at least two dudes on her squad the same size. Also how she was going to get 'broken in half' despite her playing defense.

This ND/OSU game is really good.

16 hours ago, Busch Wyatt said:

Colorado finally play a real team and are getting blown out of the water.  Hype train derailed.

Oh, they did deserve *some* of the hype. They finally broke the team's losing streak, and Travis Hunter looks like a bonafide stud on the field. But everyone's acting like Prime is already a coaching legend and that his son is locked in as a top 3 (not 5. 3.) pick in the draft when he goes to the NFL. The former is bullshit, and the latter isn't a sure thing. As I've already said, they need a completely retooled defense and a new Defensive Coordinator to go with it. If Deion doesn't go heavy on defense when recruiting, then he's out of his mind. 

Hell, the Saturday Down South and one of the other SEC groups have had articles about Colorado on Facebook, and there's no good reason why. Some of us who read those have been questioning them even being mentioned, unless someone wants to bring them up as an easy win if they ever play most SEC teams. (ie, just about every team except Vanderbuilt.) Last year's Georgia team would score 90+ on this year's Colorado team.

Travis Hunter had Henry Blackburn on his YouTube channel for a video where they sat down and talked and got to know each other - some about their lives as athletes, their faith, etc. and of course some about the hit. Then they went bowling - put down a wager to give $2000 to charity. Really heartwarming video.

• Like 1

On 01/09/2023 at 16:20, Busch Wyatt said:

UConn lost to NC State 24-14 last night in front of the largest home crowd they've had in almost a decade.  Some definite mental mistakes particularly with penalties, but this is a team that blew them out 41-10 last year.

They'll never be a great football program and they'll likely stay in this weird football independent spot indefinitely (as they should really, basketball has to stay in the Big East and if they ever left that conference again to put football first they'll deserve another dark age), but Jim Mora seems to have this program being at least competent and watchable.  A lot more than I could ever say for Randy Edsall's 2nd run.

It was nice when I thought this.

0-5 with several blowouts and losing today on a blocked extra point.  Horrendous program.