College Football 2023

Lineker

On 19/10/2023 at 14:11, RoHitman Reigns said:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/38696639/ncaa-investigating-no-2-michigan-amid-sign-stealing-allegations

Michigan is being charged with allegedly sending people to not only conference rivals but also potential playoff rivals to try and steal offensive and defensive play calling signs to be better prepped and aware of what is to come. 

Stealing signs?

200.gif

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...

K-State bizarrely decides to go for it on 4th down in overtime when all they needed to do was kick a field goal to force another period.  They of course failed miserably.

On 21/10/2023 at 01:20, Lint said:

Stealing signs?

200.gif

Now there's belief (ie, conspiracy theory) that the P.I. who discovered all this sign-stealing might be Third Bae Day's brother Chris. Doubt its true, but if it is, I'm all for tossing the whole thing aside.

I normally don’t mind players showing emotion but given how much shit Caleb Williams has talked all year (wanting partial team ownership to come out early etc) AND the fact that he laughed at Max Duggan for crying after a loss last year.  Dude loses to a good team for a 3rd time in a row, knows he’s not beating Penix for Heisman….hops right into the stands and sobs with his family.

For his sake I actually hope he stays another year because I’m so out on him as a prospect right now.

• Haha 2

Williams won't even be invited to New York for the trophy presentation this year. Few "surefire" prospects have had as bad an audition year as he has. The fact it's so visibly about the money for him and his family right now hurts significantly as well. How could you have any assurances he won't be making business decisions as a rookie? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Texas A&M is set to fire Jimbo Fisher, where they will owe him a $76 million buyout.

Honestly, can't feel like Jimbo made a bad move bolting FSU with that kind of money on the table. I suspect he resurfaces in a season or two at a mid-tier program where 8-9 wins a season is sought after.

Shedeur Sanders' car got booted by campus police. 

Before anyone is even remotely sympathetic, he had been ticketed by them before. And the car is a Rolls-Royce.

Colorado is 4-6 right now. About one more win than I expected at this point. *Might* beat Washington State, but they won't beat Utah.

The Vols are going to get absolutely shelled by Georgia.

Edited by GhostMachine

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Colorado going to drop to a lower division?

I get the joke, but they are going back to the Big 12