EA Sports NCAA Football

Szumi

Then your childhood will be screaming whenits a MTX filled hellscape

• Haha 1

More like random rosters each season, to simulate the portal:

"Hey, why did my star QB on Texas we recruited in-state move to Northwestern?!"

"Wow! Most of Georgia's offensive line transferred to Ball State, Hawaii and Akron! What the hell?"

Edited by GhostMachine
  • Haha 2

They have confirmed all 134 FBS schools will be in the game, and Kirk Herbstreit and Chris Fowler are returning for commentary.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Your Mom said:

I barely caught it but I think I saw that players can opt in and have their real names be used too. That's a neat feature I think

Yeah each player gets $600 and a copy of the game every year they are included

• Like 2

As history has shown us, gamers can be quite creative when it comes to circumventing blocks on things like swear words and racial slurs so I'm curious how well EA would be able to stop people putting a players name in.

• Like 1

• Haha 3

On 23/02/2024 at 08:37, King Ellis said:

As history has shown us, gamers can be quite creative when it comes to circumventing blocks on things like swear words and racial slurs so I'm curious how well EA would be able to stop people putting a players name in.

They already do it in Madden. Pretty innocuous names are blocked because they're close to swear words or too close to NCAA players with unique names. Importing draft classes is incredibly annoying for that. 

• 2 weeks later...

Arch Manning has decided to not be in the game because "he is focused on playing football on the field".

There's gonna be players who opt out of course but it's hilarious to give a reason that implies signing a document and getting a check for $600 is some massive distraction to getting ready to play the real season.

Most guys who opt out are doing so because they want to take a stand about it not being enough money for likeness rights or whatever.  Knowing the Manning Family I can quite easily imagine them not wanting his image attached to like a 75 OVR backup QB that players can transfer to Coastal Carolina.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 05/03/2024 at 10:20, The Buscher said:

a 75 OVR backup QB that players can transfer to Coastal Carolina.

Oh shit, this just made me wonder how I'd handle the transfer portal...

Once recruited a QB who was like 6'7 with a 85 speed.  His throw power and accuracy were kinda crap, but I ran an option offense, so it wasn't a worry.

Redshirted him his first year, and after not developing well, I converted him to a TE.

And seriously, a 6'7 TE with 85 speed in the redzone was deadly.  Drag route along the goal line was a guaranteed TD

• Like 1