College Football 2023

Lineker

Another fun game, and we get the two undefeated teams in the final.

Completely absurd that a college football playoff game that didn’t go to OT is ending at nearly 1AM on east coast though.

• Like 1

Yeah I was checking the time towards the end of the 2nd quarter and went "oh this game's running real late" and also went "I'm not that tired though, I'll stick around for the 3rd quarter".

Next thing I know it's 2:30am and I've been asleep on the couch for 4 hours. I'm an old man now.

• Haha 1

• Admin
2 hours ago, gunnar hendershow said:

Yeah I was checking the time towards the end of the 2nd quarter and went "oh this game's running real late" and also went "I'm not that tired though, I'll stick around for the 3rd quarter".

Next thing I know it's 2:30am and I've been asleep on the couch for 4 hours. I'm an old man now.

Welcome to my world.

I’m not counting Washington out quite yet but if they can’t shore up their run defense, this game would be decided pretty quickly.

I think Penix is going to be a good NFL QB. I'm personally hoping he ends up somewhere like the Vikings where he can learn a bit from Kirk Cousins before taking over. I'd take him at the Pats, though, if we didn't have a higher pick. Michigan were just too good today, especially on the ground. I'm a Michigan fan so I'm quite pleased.

• Like 2

Apparently a rumor was making the rounds yesterday that there was gonna be some sort of an announcement from EA regarding the College Football video game during the National Championship - even just a tweet with a release date or something.  But nope, nada.

Supposedly it's still set to come out sometime this summer but it's already been delayed multiple times, so who knows.

It's not unusual for them to wait until April/May to start dropping Madden info ahead of an August release.  But Madden is also pretty much a copy and paste job every year.  This is the return of a college football game after a decade of waiting.  If we go another month or so without hearing anything I'll be kinda worried that this will just be a reskinned Madden and EA purposely put out less info to make it less obvious.