College Football 2020

Lineker

Oh, they definitely were. But Ohio State playing for their conference championship, let alone being in the national championship hunt, is absolute bullshit. Every week they didn't play but other teams did, they should have dropped in the rankings. Fuck the Buckeyes. If they somehow win, they won't be the legit champions.

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Well I saw that coming. He’s easily been the best right end in the country this year.

Also, I’ve struggled to think of a year where it’s anymore obvious who the Top 3 picks will be. If it’s not Lawrence, Fields, and Sewell 1,2,3, I’ll eat hats.

With the top 3 teams basically solidified that's what I'd expect just based on need alone. Jags and Jets both need QBs and while any team would love Sewell the Bengals will really, really love him.

17 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Oh, they definitely were. But Ohio State playing for their conference championship, let alone being in the national championship hunt, is absolute bullshit. Every week they didn't play but other teams did, they should have dropped in the rankings. Fuck the Buckeyes. If they somehow win, they won't be the legit champions.

Dabo agrees with you. He had Ohio State #11 in his last coach’s poll.

2 hours ago, damshow said:

Army left out of a bowl game while 3-7 Tennessee gets to go to one is an absolute fucking joke.

Oh, I agree its stupid, but don't use just Tennessee as an example. 2-8 South Carolina and another 3-7 school made it to bowl games, as well. I have always felt that teams with losing records should not make it to a bowl, period.

Meanwhile, Jarrett Guarantano has entered the transfer portal. Doesn't necessarily mean he will go anywhere, but here's hoping he does.

And UT's compliance department is apparently going to investigate the recruitment of a player who ended up going to Georgia instead. If they find there was any impropriety, Pruitt will probably be gone soon. 

3 minutes ago, GhostMachine said:

Oh, I agree its stupid, but don't use just Tennessee as an example. 2-8 South Carolina and another 3-7 school made it to bowl games, as well. I have always felt that teams with losing records should not make it to a bowl, period.

Meanwhile, Jarrett Guarantano has entered the transfer portal. Doesn't necessarily mean he will go anywhere, but here's hoping he does.

And UT's compliance department is apparently going to investigate the recruitment of a player who ended up going to Georgia instead. If they find there was any impropriety, Pruitt will probably be gone soon. 

NCAA relaxed its rules just this year so they could get as many big schools in games as possible for TV ratings. So dirty.

After both Billy Napier and Brent Venables turned down Auburn, they're preparing to hire Bryan Harsin.

For those of you saying, "Who?" He's the Boise State head coach that's won quite a few games but has never gotten Boise to the point where they were when Chris Petersen was there.