College Football 2020

Lineker

1 hour ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah they fired Lovie after five crappy seasons where I think he went to one bowl? I’ll be interested to see what ol Bert can do. That Big10 West is so bad that it’d only take a slightly above average team to win it (see this years Northwestern team).

Probably better than whatever the fuck Michigan is doing.

2 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah they fired Lovie after five crappy seasons where I think he went to one bowl? I’ll be interested to see what ol Bert can do. That Big10 West is so bad that it’d only take a slightly above average team to win it (see this years Northwestern team).

That division should be Wisconsin's and Nebraska's in perpetuity. Basically trading spots in the conference title game. When Fitzgerald eventually leaves NW (maybe this year? Lots of tumors about him going to the Bears) they'll fall off. But it feels so wide open because while Wisconsin is generally still good, Nebraska just can never right the ship.

I don’t know about Fitzgerald leaving. Him being an alum and doing what he’s done, he has a job at Northwestern for life if he wants it, I’d imagine. But I’ve also never heard him speak on the matter. He may want to move on the NFL at some point.

Speaking of which, Brandon Joseph, NW corner, just had a one handed Odell Beckham style interception in the end zone.

What an absolutely amazing performance by Trey Sermon, especially in the second half. The defense came up with big turnovers and stops, but Sermon was freaking incredible in that second half. Shattered himself some records. Good thing you since Fields (while playing hurt, admittedly) was really awful

As much as I hate the SEC and dislike Jimbo and the Aggies, he has a point I think: A&M should be in the Playoffs at this rate. Unless Florida have a miraculous showing tonight in the SEC Title game, a 1 loss Texas A&M deserve it more than a 1 loss Notre Dame. 

Notre Dame continually are one of the most overrated teams in NCAA. Good record time and time again, a lot of hype because they're Notre Dame, but they pretty much always fail against a good team. This match is showing all the difference in barely beating Clemson without Trevor Lawrence versus playing Clemson with their starting QB. They have to have played their way out of the Top 4.

1 hour ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

As much as I hate the SEC and dislike Jimbo and the Aggies, he has a point I think: A&M should be in the Playoffs at this rate. Unless Florida have a miraculous showing tonight in the SEC Title game, a 1 loss Texas A&M deserve it more than a 1 loss Notre Dame. 

Notre Dame continually are one of the most overrated teams in NCAA. Good record time and time again, a lot of hype because they're Notre Dame, but they pretty much always fail against a good team. This match is showing all the difference in barely beating Clemson without Trevor Lawrence versus playing Clemson with their starting QB. They have to have played their way out of the Top 4.

I'm not suggesting Notre Dame to be in the playoffs after tonight, but you can't honestly tell me you've been watching this season and think A&M are a Top 4 team. They're, if anything, in the same category as the Irish in that they had one good, close win against a Top-10 team and got blown out by the one elite team they played (A&M by Bama and ND by Clemson). If you can make an argument that a 1-loss, non-conference championship participant A&M deserves to go in, you can't say ND doesn't. I'd say neither deserve it. But it also all depends on the results of this game. If Florida wins, it's obviously going to be Clemson, Ohio State, Alabama, & Florida in some order. But if Alabama wins, I'm thinking it's Alabama, Clemson, Ohio State, and it should be Cincinnati, but it sadly won't be. I still think ND deserves to go in ahead of A&M, despite thinking neither should go. Notre Dame did lose to Clemson, but they at least split the season series. A&M didn't even make it to their conference championship. 

Ohio State played less games, they don't deserve to make it.  Yes, it was out of their hands, but oh well.  Shit happens, its a program that has a chance to make it every single year, let this year be the one time someone else makes it because of weirdo circumstances that will hopefully never be repeated again.

19 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

I don’t know about Fitzgerald leaving. Him being an alum and doing what he’s done, he has a job at Northwestern for life if he wants it, I’d imagine. But I’ve also never heard him speak on the matter. He may want to move on the NFL at some point.

Speaking of which, Brandon Joseph, NW corner, just had a one handed Odell Beckham style interception in the end zone.

It looks like NFL teams will be at least kicking the tires on Fitzgerald. It has to be an incredibly tough decision for him, given he's coaching at the school he played at and is guaranteed a job for life. But NFL opportunities don't pop up every day. I also think he probably knows what he's done at NW is the highest heights that program can likely achieve.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/30562653/sources-nfl-teams-expected-target-northwestern-pat-fitzgerald-head-coaching-jobs