College Football 2020

Lineker

I suspect the Vols will be getting yet another new head coach after next season. They've lost 5 games in a row for the first time since the 80's, and Pruitt seems to not get that their starting QB sucks. He should have been perma-benched after the Albama game, and only played in that one so that the other QBs didn't risk getting injured in a lost cause.

19 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Preseason you were expecting them to beat Florida and now this?!

Also the Vols are going to live in mediocre purgatory forever if they keep switching coaches. You've got to let somebody develop a program. Nobody is going to come in and go 10-2 instantly.  

I'm not one of the impatient people. The problem is that there are far too many fans and boosters who are. It is unrealistic to think that a team is going to turn things around that fast. People are yelling for Pruitt and Fulmer to be fired already, when the problem really is with the players and other staff. my only issue with Pruitt is that he won't bench Jarrett Guarantano. As I said before, JG should have been benched after the Alabama game.

18 hours ago, damshow said:

Tennessee is like so many other fallen giants in that they have zero patience to rebuild a recruiting pipeline in the places Oklahoma, Alabama, LSU, Georgia, and Clemson dominate. You need to give a coach time to build it up. 

Exactly. The problem is that there are too many Vols fans who expect the team to suddenly be conference championship contenders wjthin two years of getting a new coach. Butch Jones deserved to be fired, because he was more than satisfied with being mediocre. He did nothing whatsoever to try and improve the team, and it showed. Pruitt is clearly not happy with how the team is performing, but won't sit JG for some reason. The defense also isn't playing up to par. They were lousy in Jones' last two years, but are better than they were under him... but that's not saying much. 

There are some nuts who honestly believe Alabama sent Pruitt here to keep the team down.  That defies logic in so many ways, I'm not even going to bother explaining why.

He may not be benching Guarantano, because, and hang with me on this, he may be the best quarterback they have on the roster. That mindset, that Pruitt isn’t doing what he thinks is best in trying to win the game is incorrect. He’s not putting in the back up because he and his coaching staff clearly don’t think the second and third strings are better options. If you bring in the back up, you don’t all of a sudden win. You likely get beat even worse than you are.

On 29/11/2020 at 09:09, Meacon Keaton said:

It's a shame that Vanderbilt sucks so much she couldn't get an extra point or field goal attempt in. 

When they showed a clip of her kicking off on the news I was like "hey that's cool...kinda lame if they only let her do a kickoff though" and then the final score popped up and I was like "oh."