College Football 2020

Lineker

I have a feeling that they're going to get matched up with Cincinnati in the Fiesta Bowl. It feels like that year (2009? 2010?) when TCU and Boise State were both undefeated and instead of getting matched up with big schools, they got paired together in the Fiesta Bowl. It was a great game if I remember correctly, but it screwed both schools out of a chance to play the "top tier" of teams that kept them from ever getting a shot at a title. 

Blake Anderson left Arkansas State to take a job in Utah like 2 days ago, and Arkansas State already has a new head coach: Butch Jones, former Tennessee coach and current special assistant to Nick Saban at Alabama.

51 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

The kid from Downingtown, PA? His high school is literally five minutes from my office. 

Yup!  His company was based out of Philly but ended up getting bought out by a company in Colorado.  It’s sales though so there are remote reps all over the country.  Just dumb luck that he found out about it last year and now they’re one of the best stories in football.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, How The Cloud Stole Christ said:

Blake Anderson left Arkansas State to take a job in Utah like 2 days ago, and Arkansas State already has a new head coach: Butch Jones, former Tennessee coach and current special assistant to Nick Saban at Alabama.

Change of pace for Arkansas State, usually they've hired up and comers no?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah, Arkansas State is like Central Michigan and Miami (of Ohio). Them hiring a big name is quite lofty. 

13 hours ago, damshow said:

Change of pace for Arkansas State, usually they've hired up and comers no?

Yeah, they're typically a springboard for most coaches. For them to have kept Anderson as long as they did surprised me. Hugh Freeze and Gus Malzahn both only stayed like, a year? Two? Before taking jobs at bigger schools. Anderson stuck around and led them to conference championships and bowl games for the past 6 years - I think this year was Anderson's worst year as HC, and one of the few where he didn't post a winning record.

Edited by How The Cloud Stole Christ

I'm quite happy with Notre Dame's class. Logan Diggs, running back out of Louisiana, received a late offer from LSU, so he's not signed with the Irish yet despite being a long time verbal commit. The program at LSU has quickly gone from world-beater to dumpster fire, but he's a Lou'sana kid, so I won't be shocked if he goes there over South Bend. Which means the Irish have one scholarship left heading into February's signing day. 

Brian Kelly says Notre Dame may boycott the playoffs if they get in and can't let the families of players come watch the game.  During a global pandemic, at a point where cases and deaths have literally never been higher in this country.  Fuck Brian Kelly and his empty threat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1