College Football 2020

Lineker

It's definitely possible.  Every year he's got five or six players that either go in the first round or early second, and they're just replaced the next year by the next wave of studs.  And recruiting is basically a self-fulfilling prophecy for him, every top prospect in the country has Bama at least on their shortlist because it's guaranteed media attention and a very high probability of winning a title at some point over the course of your college career.

Meh. I wasn’t going to be happy with either outcome but the fact that ND held Bama to 31 total points and they had more than that in the first half against Ohio State should put some perspective on how good Notre Dame actually is. It’s just Alabama is completely on its own level.

I said way back when they fired Fulmer as coach that they were making a mistake, and he deserved one more year. And I am not suprised at all that Pruitt was fired. I more or less had a feeling it was coming after the investigation was announced.

Every head coach they've had since, except Kiffin, has been the drizzling shits. Or the drizzling shits and dirty, in Pruitt's case. Some conspiracy theorist nut fans actually think he came to Tennessee to intentionally sabotage the team! It was sort of obvious there was something up with Pruitt when he refused to perma-bench Guarantano after he threw two pick sixes in the first quarter of a game, and was performing lousy most of the season. But I don't think he was trying to intentionally lose; He was just too stubborn to bench an underperforming QB and give someone else a shot.

Derek Dooley is a far better position coach/offensive coordinator than he is a head coach. Much like Wade Phillips, except Phillips is defense, not offense. Butch Jones clearly didn't give a shit about winning as long as he was being paid, and Arkansas State is going to regret hiring him sooner rather than later. I give it 3 years, at most, before they fire him.

Kiffin is hated here by a lot of people by how quickly he bolted. They completely ignore that he bolted for his dream job, and was a cocky bastard who ran his mouth too much. He also is the only one of those coaches to come close to defeating Alabama, losing because the kicker at the time was hot garbage. My problem is that when he left, Ed Orgeron, who was on his staff, lied to players and tried to get them to go to USC with them.

The problem is there are not any really decent coaches I can see coming to Tennessee available. A lot of fans online (particularly on Saturday Down South's FB posts) have been saying they should go after Hugh Freeze. They must be completely forgetting about - or ignoring - the scandal that led him to resign from Ole Miss AND stripped the team of several wins.