College Football 2021

Lint

Auburn's let Alabama hang around this too long. 

2 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

Since college football rankings are clearly rigged, I will be surprised if Ohio State drops more than 2 spots.

They're definitely dropping at least to 5. Possibly 6. Notre Dame likely slides to 4 until the result of the conference title games likely knock them back out.

8 hours ago, CM Busch said:

Oklahoma State takes down Oklahoma in a really fun game.

Yup, and now control their own destiny. I suspect it looks like this.

1. Georgia
  2. Michigan
  3. Cincinnati
  4. Alabama
  5. Oklahoma State
  6. Notre Dame

Cincinnati might run in to trouble if Alabama and Oklahoma State both win next week I suspect. But maybe the CFP committee has already decided because of how poor the bottom half of the conference is that a one-loss Big 12 champ isn't measurably better than an undefeated team from The American. Especially one that beat Notre Dame. 

Florida hired Billy Napier away from Louisiana as their next head coach. He's got a 39-12 record there, but this is the Sun Belt conference we're talking about.

Oklahoma appointed former head coach Bob Stoops, who Riley replaced, as their interim head coach. Rumor, according to ESPN, is that they want Kliff Kingsbury. Don't see it happening. He's 9-2 with the Cardinals this season, and has another year on his contract. You don't leave the NFL for college when you're not either involved in a scandal or in danger of being fired, unless the school offers you a lot more money than you're worth or your family hates the city you're living in.

I’d argue that one is even more surprising.

The real estate aspect of the Riley should be illegal, and I don’t mean NCAA illegal. 

Guess Fickell will be heading to Norte Dame, hopefully he waits for the end of Cincy’s season.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Maxx said:

I’d argue that one is even more surprising.

Yeah, ND boosters will never be happy but Kelly has gotten that program to the highest point it can while still playing as an independent. Two CFP appearances, a BCS championship appearance. It's been a great run and despite that there was always the looming sense he was a 7-win season away from getting fired. What a weird school.

He should've had the job for life but I don't think he ever felt that way. Now off to LSU where the money will be better, the recruiting easier, but the competition that much tougher.

I was doing Doordash this morning, standing in a Denny's waiting on the order I was picking up, when I found out the news about Kelly going to LSU. (One of their two tvs was tuned to ESPN, the other to CNN)

Can't believe I'm going to have to actively root against LSU, the only SEC West team I actually like *.

*I like any SEC team that's playing against Alabama, though. There are very few college teams I'll actually want Alabama to beat. Ohio State is one of them. Notre Dame is another.

I also expect that Florida will be looking for a new head coach again in 2 to 3 years.

Edited by GhostMachine

Marcus Freeman getting promoted to ND head coach. Meteoric rise for him. Potential great hire, his recruiting built the Cincy team that's currently undefeated. Word is had he not been retained by ND they'd have lost a ton of coveted recruits.

Big question now is can he also be a head coach?

My dad is a Norte Dame fan, upset by how Kelly handled his departure.  I had to remind him he did the exact same thing when he left Cincinnati for Norte Dame.