College Football 2021

Lint

Yeah I thought Baylor would've moved to 6.

I assume Ohio State-Utah for the Rose Bowl, Notre Dame-Pittsburgh in the Peach Bowl, and Ole Miss-Baylor in the Sugar Bowl. Fiesta Bowl is a bit of a mystery. Michigan State-Oklahoma? Michigan State-Oklahoma State? Does Oregon slide in despite getting smoked by Utah twice?

The U has reportedly pulled Cristobal out of Oregon, and rumor is the Ducks might go after Chip Kelly.

I'm ambivalent to it. Chip finally got us competitive, but he's still not recruiting well, even by UCLA standards, the team is super experienced, so a downturn would be expected, and the defense is still trash while Chip is super loyal to the DC.

On the other hand, there's so many job openings that I'd have to be worried about who we could get to replace him, though you'd think UCLA would be an attractive job.

I assume Chip goes back to Oregon. That school has no trouble recruiting and Cristobal's classes have been excellent. He has to live the situation. But maybe UCLA joins the group of schools paying absurd amounts of money to coaches in order to keep him.

Speaking of Cristobal, is The U finally going to invest in its football program to enter the 21st century? Or is he going to chase ghosts and wind up the HC at USF or FAU in 4 years?

• 2 weeks later...

That's basically unheard of. But he gets to play under one of the best CBs ever and start right away. In a NIL world being able to start (and star) all 3 or 4 years is going to hugely impact decisions. There are a ton of risks with redshirting for one year, riding it out on the Alabama or Ohio State bench for one season, and then starting for your last season.

Continuing from this, I've seen rumors he got a historically massive NIL deal with Barstool.

• 2 weeks later...

5-7 Rutgers is taking Texas A&M's Gator Bowl spot. Unfortunately, looks like the Hawai'i Bowl is flat out cancelled, instead of delayed so Memphis can get a new opponent. 

UCF beat the Gators for the first time, in the Gasparilla Bowl, meaning UCF's fans are going to be more insufferable.

In good news, Tyler Linderbaum, Iowa's center, donated $30k of his NIL money to a children's hospital. The hospital is right next to the stadium. 

It was amusing how people were talking about how Cincy proves G5 didn't belong in the CFP only to have Michigan look worse (and I was pulling for the Wolverines).

Cincy played decent enough on defense that they could have made it a game if they had better QB play, I think Ridder really got exposed, but they just don't have the athletes on the line to make it happen.

I turned off the UGA/UM game at the half, they don't even have the excuse of G5 recruiting that Cincy does.

Edit: Thinking about it, Saban would have just leaned even more on the run of Cincy had a better QB, so I'm not sure that the Bearcats could win that game regardless.

Cincy really held their own on defense during the first half. They just couldn't get anything going on offense after that first series. If a team like Cincy is ever to pull off an upset of that magnitude that's the blueprint, just need some fortunate turnovers. Potentially different game if Alabama doesn't recover that muffed punt in the 2nd quarter.

Anyone know where I can watch Penn State/Arkansas? I already used my Fubo free trial. Maybe I can find a radio station airing it.