College Football 2021

Lint

18 fans were arrested at the Tennessee game, and there may be more arrests coming. They're pouring over footage to figure out and identify the people who threw trash on the field. And they're being banned from attending games.

Also, Tennessee was fined $250,000 for what happened. But there's no word if any punishment is coming for the incompetent, crooked or just plain blind as fuck ref who overruled the 1st down despite being halfway down the field from the play.

Update to my previous post: Besides 18 arrests, there were also 47 ejections.

*edited to add* Update to my update: The officiating crew is the same one that botched the Memphis-Mississippi State. The one where a ref signaled a ball dead, but a player scooped it up and ran it into the endzone, and they declared it a touchdown. With no one defending because the ball was supposed to be dead.

Forget about fining them. These motherfuckers need to be suspended at least the rest of the season, if not fired.

Edited by GhostMachine

Wild game between SMU and Houston, barnburner down to the last second. I dont really care about either team but was slightly pulling more for SMU. But was just fun football!

You could say the same for Oregon I suppose. At least the committee finally realized the Big 12 is a glorified mid-major conference. That said if the Sooners win out they'll presumably get in.

The first rankings are always based on the impressiveness factor. Oregon has an extremely impressive win and their loss isn't *that* bad. Alabama has a pair of strong wins plus other dominating performances and their loss isn't bad. Ohio State's loss is not bad at all, and if they beat Michigan State they'll probably slide up to 3 or 2. These are all the variables they put in. Cincy's right where they should be, unfortunately for them they probably don't have a way to move up unless multiple schools lose twice.

I do kinda hope Cincy gets a spot in the CFP so we can stop all the Group of 5 hype once they get murderized like Notre Dame does whenever they make it.