2018 College Football thread

Lineker

Now, what was that about Clemson not stomping the hell out of Alabama? :D 

(Actually, the Tigers are just stomping them, but close enough. Stomping the hell of them would mean the Turd have at most a field goal.)

Man, it'd be great is getting blown out meant that voters wouldn't vote 'Bama into the top 10 in the preseason.  

Well I predicted Alabama eventually losing. I’m glad it happened when it’d hurt them the most.

And yeah, Trevor Lawrence is already better than Daniel Jones and Dwayne Haskins and any other QB in the draft this year. I’d put him on Denver right now, no questions asked.

UCF has some idiot fans:

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/ucf-site-taking-gofundme-donations-to-investigate-the-sec/

In part of that article, they (people or person behind the GoFundMe, not the SDS staff) make a statement that LSU acted like they won by a blowout, when they barely beat UCF who was using a backup quarterback. What they conveniently omitted is that LSU was using several backups during that game.

What this is is a case of delusional fans butthurt over Florida refusing to play their overrated team that they suddenly think should be more respected for some reason, and actually insane enough to believe that the SEC is afraid to play against the Knights. :lol: In other words, another Boise State type situation, only worse.

As a college football fan, I stopped caring about UCF when Shaquem Griffin left. 

UCF is supremely annoying about their whole "national championship" nonsense. They don't really beat anyone worthwhile during the season and act like they are champions because they won a meaningless game against a team that may or may not have been giving it 100%. And then they lose a game against a team doing that this year and say "Oh doesn't count our QB was hurt." Bunch of goofs.

That said, they have a significant gripe in that the Big 12 won't expand and include them. They belong there, it's a perfect match. Gives the Big 12 a Florida school and gives UCF a major conference. They are sorta wasting away in their second-tier conference, much like Houston is.

I agree that the Big 12 should add them. If they were humble about the SEC situation, rather than being insufferable, overbearing, entitled trolls, they might very well get some sympathy for their plight. But they way they're acting, they can pretty much *Gordon Ramsay* fuck off. 

Like I said, they're also editing their story. Insulting LSU who beat them and saying they lost with a backup QB, while conveniently leaving out that LSU had a few backup players in that games, as well.

I have more respect for Florida than I do UCF right now, and my dislike for the Gators is only rivaled by my sheer hatred for the Crimson Tide. T I've met plenty of Gators fans that I've actually had civil conversations with. But most Alabama fans I've met are cocky, entitled asshats. A few so full of it that they even whine and insist that the fix is in whenever Alabama loses. 

• 3 months later...