2018 College Football thread

Lineker

If you sahyder this I will fly to Texas and spank you. 😠

And Oklahoma and Ohio State. It’d be the same four teams just rearranged to 

1) Clemson

2) Notre Dame

3) Georgia 

4) Alabama

Oh and thanks to Cal’s little prick kicker who missed a 36 yard field goal, Stanford covered and cost me money. God I hate kickers.

Oklahoma/Alabama is gonna be a nasty shootout like the Georgia/Oklahoma game was last year. Clemson/Notre Dame, as much as I hate to say it, will likely look like the Alabama/Clemson game from last year. I love the Irish to death, but when we're close to equal with talent on the opposing team, Brian Kelly gets outcoached more often than not. 

The problem ND is gonna run into against Clemson is that Dabo has done a really good job just having so many guys that they'll tire the other team out while still feeling fresh. It's why Clemson played it close early the last two weeks before just turning on the jets. ND is a really good team and it's been a great season for them but I just don't think they can keep up with Clemson. Maybe it's something like 24-20 Clemson at the half before the Tigers run away with it and it ends at like 52-27.

Alabama-Oklahoma will be a lot closer. Tua has enough time off to presumably have his knee heal up a bit. Doubt it lives up to Georgia-Oklahoma from last year, but it's gonna be a good one.

We probably get Alabama-Clemson III in the championship, and I wouldn't be shocked if the Tigers can do it. Georgia was some boneheaded coaching decisions away from knocking off the Tide last night. Kirby's constant pandering to Fields by letting him go out there periodically, the fake punt, etc.

My rooting interest is Oklahoma because I think we all deserve two more Kyler Murray games before he goes to the Oakland A's minor league system.

Ohio State wound up 6th. I kinda get it. I mean I'd argue that despite having 2 losses Georgia is still the 3rd best team in the country (behind Bama and Clemson). Of course the committee would never do something that extreme and put them in ahead of an undefeated ND and an essentially undefeated Oklahoma. 

8 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

ESPN’s playoff predictor somehow have Ohio State with a 71% chance to get the last playoff spot, with only 26% for Oklahoma.  I have no idea how the hell that is possible that they have Ohio State that far ahead.

ESPN loves Ohio State

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Buschie Van Wagenen said:

Kliff Kingsbury hired as offensive coordinator at USC.

😢

25 minutes ago, Meacon said:

I don't like that. He's going to develop paedo-stache into a damn good quarterback I bet. :(

:'(:'(:'(

23 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

That's an interesting hire. I think there's a lot he can do there and he might turn the offense into something that saves Clay Helton's job.

Why couldn't he just go form a super-team in Chapel Hill?