2018 College Football thread

Lineker

16 minutes ago, Lowerdeck said:

I'm a little surprised they didn't try to reschedule it.  Yeah it'd be a pain to do last minute, but that would seem a far better solution to the teams and the fans.

Put the players up in a hotel for another night? At the athletic department's own expense?!

Beyond cost it would have been easy and reasonable to reschedule. What else do they need that stadium for in the next few days anyway? The Cotton Bowl isn't played there anymore. Sure a lot of fans would have been out of luck but give it to the players so they can play one more game.

13 minutes ago, damsher hatfield said:

Put the players up in a hotel for another night? At the athletic department's own expense?!

Beyond cost it would have been easy and reasonable to reschedule. What else do they need that stadium for in the next few days anyway? The Cotton Bowl isn't played there anymore. Sure a lot of fans would have been out of luck but give it to the players so they can play one more game.

'Hey, lets not play this game because the weather is lousy, and it costs too much to put the teams up for another night. And I know we have fans who have spent time travelling to the game and spent money on tickets, and on either gasoline or airplane tickets, plus hotel rooms, but fuck `em."

Wonder how many fans who paid for their tickets by credit card have or will cancel their payments?

18 hours ago, GhostMachine said:

'Hey, lets not play this game because the weather is lousy, and it costs too much to put the teams up for another night. And I know we have fans who have spent time travelling to the game and spent money on tickets, and on either gasoline or airplane tickets, plus hotel rooms, but fuck `em."

Wonder how many fans who paid for their tickets by credit card have or will cancel their payments?

And if they rescheduled then everyone who spent money on plane tickets and hotel rooms would have to shell out a considerable amount of money to get new ones a day later,  with not guarantee they would be available.  Referring to the weather as "lousy" is an incredible understatement.  It was bordering on unsafe to be out in.

I say the same thing every year - Bama are the Patriots of college football.

And I really don’t see it changing anytime soon.  They get a top five recruiting class every year and I’m not even sure Saban has to do all that much to get kids to commit.  The program always being in the spotlight and churning out multiple high round picks annually is enough to get people to sign up. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, RoHitman Reigns said:

Mark Richt has confirmed is leaving Miami as coach after a 7-6 season post bowl game. So theres one coaching vacancy

So strange. He had a down year but you can just coast at Miami since they aren't super into being the juggernaut of the 80s and 90s anymore.

The playoff games were both busts. As expected Clemson rolled Notre Dame. I thought Oklahoma would give Bama some fits early, and then Bama would pull away though. In the end the best three teams this year were Alabama, Clemson, and Georgia. But Georgia lost twice so there's a fair argument for them not getting in. But Georgia-Clemson would have at least been a watchable game.