NFL 2018

Lineker

I would've been happy with either guy winning, and I'm actually surprised it went the way it did.  The MVP Award is pretty much the Best QB Award and that seems to extend out to other awards when it's close.

But Barkley lived up to the hype on the field and possibly even exceeded it.  2,000+ all purpose yards behind one of the worst offensive lines in football.

• Like 1

I love the Rams blue and yellow. They should totally go for a modern version of that when they move to their new stadium. The blue and white is over done and it reminds me too much of the Colts who have the most boring uniform combination in the league. (Texans as a whole are the worst though if you include name and branding.)

They'd be crazy to change from blue/yellow if they win a Super Bowl in it. On a similar note the Patriots unis are shite too. They should rebrand when/if Brady ever retires. Let it rest with him and get a new start. 

Ty Law had one more interception than Bailey but three rings and a strong reputation as a lockdown corner.  He deserved to go in, I’m just surprised they inducted three defensive backs in the same class.  Because they can only put in five modern era candidates, there’s usually a push to vary the positions.

I wasn’t expecting Mawae to go in, but with there being four offensive line finalists not to mention Joe Jacoby who usually makes the final 15 but didn’t this year, they needed to induct somebody to clear up the logjam.

The good news for these finalists is that next year doesn’t have three clear first-ballot guys.  Troy Polamalu I think will go in right away (bad news for Lynch and Atwater) but that’s about it.  Patrick Willis has a chance too but he only played the equivalent of seven seasons worth of games, that might work against him.

1 hour ago, damsher hatfield said:

Ed Reed is my favorite football player ever so I'm rather ecstatic to see him get in the HOF on his first try.

No idea why Ty Law got in. Especially when you look at who he beat out to get in.

If Steve Atwater had played for any team except Denver, he'd be in the HOF right now. Ask @Meacon, there seems to be a curse on Broncos defenders keeping them out, but Champ Bailey was too talented to keep out.

• Like 2

Maybe they think all Broncos defenders were dirty, like Bill Romanowksi. But Atwarter definitely deserves to be in.

Also, I was hoping that Mayfield would win ROTY, but I can't really argue against Barkley winning. And Chris Long definitely deserved the Man of the Year award.