UFC News and Discussion Thread

Phil Davis out of 133 main event, UFC expected to announce the injury and his replacement in a couple of hours. (MMAFighting)

Wow, UFC goes from a main event where I want to see both guys win to a main event where I want to see both guys lose. Hoping for a double KO! Also, can't wait to see Akiyama's dramatic comeback as he beats Vitor Belfort.

I just asked Dana White if Lyoto accepted the fight. His answer: "No, and Tito turned it down." There is no replacement yet. #UFC133

Off Mike Chiappetta's twitter. If Machida/Evans goes through, I think that's an infinitely more interesting and relevant main event than Davis/Evans. Either Machida or Evans would have legitimate claims at getting the champion, whether it's Jon Jones or Rampage, and there would be some pre-built heat between any of the pairings but Jones/Machida. But then, Machida is the guy everybody seems to like as Jones's foil, so there'd definitely be interest in that one, too.

Guest mr. potato head

Main Event's are just simply cursed this year. If worst comes to worst why don't they just bump Franklin into the bout and find a replacement for Little Nog to fight?

This year actually seems better than most...

I don't think a high-profile matchup like Evans-Machida should be arranged so short before the fight. Evans has been training for months now, Machida probably wasn't preparing for a fight. I understand Ortiz turning it down and would understand Machida too. If he loses, a title shot could be very far away. Would you risk it by accepting a quick match half-prepared against a former UFC champion?

Offcourse... UFC has a problem that they don't really have another main-event matchup on the card. Franklin-Noguiera... hmmm. Perhaps five years ago.

If Tito can rattle off another impressive win against Rashad, it puts him right back in the hunt at the top of 205. I like the match-up. A win for Rashad though, puts Tito right back where he was before. Back against the wall and needing to win to stay relevant.

Guest J-Money808

I want Tito to winthis one. Like he said in an interview on espn I think if it wasn't for a point getting taken away he would've won that fight and Evans would have two losses right now. I'm all for Tito just because rashad is an irritating fighter that thinks he's badass but he can't stand an bang for shit he always gotta go to the ground. On other news anybody knows what happened to the dude that called leben a fatherless bastard on the first season of TUF? And if it was koscheck my mistake I'm talking about the big black dude that leben bumped heads with too.

Bobby Southworth.

Went 10-6 hasn't fought since 2010 even then he had one fight after getting beat by Renato Sobral for the Light-Heavyweight title in 2008 for Strikeforce. Pretty meh

Oh also known for falling out the cagedoor with James Irvin in their fight in strikeforce.

It's just another time where I honestly don't see the point in this match. You lose to Ortiz at this stage in his career, even if he did just beat Bader, and it will hurt you. You beat Ortiz and it does absolutely fuck all. Luckily for Rashad, even though beating Ortiz wont do anything for him, he's ready to go into a title fight afterwards.

Still, it's a shame that they've gone from a really interesting fight in Davis/Evans to a fight that holds barely any interest what so ever, outside of seeing Tito getting his face smashed in.