NFL 2019

Maxx

13 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Belichick also cut his news conference after less than four minutes since all of the questions were about Brown.

His hatred for the press continues.

You wanted the clown, you get the circus.

Well good thing the public’s respect for the Patriots is already in dirt

On 09/09/2019 at 15:39, Meacon said:

What a cool fucking dude. Minshew won my heart at Wazzu but he’s now officially kept it.

Deadspin just ran a fun little puff piece about him yesterday

For starters, Gardner Minshew’s full name is Gardner Flint Minshew II. How did Flint become his middle name, you ask? His dad’s name is Flint. Where did the “II” come from? Unclear on that part, because that’s not his grandfather’s name either, and also his grandfather wanted to name him Beowulf

• Like 4

Curious to see what the investigation reveals.

Local reaction: nobody believes the AB story.  Men and women.  Pats fans, fans of other teams, people who don't like football.  Pretty much consensus that it's all an extortion attempt.  AB gets on the Patriots and a $20m contract and then the lawsuit comes.

One of my coworkers also said he believes the Steelers are leading a league wide conspiracy against New England.  But my coworker is a moron.

If those texts from him are legit, he pretty much admitted to doing it.  And he has absolutely proven himself to be a big enough moron to do that this offseason.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Meacon said:

Why wouldn’t the lawsuit have come when he signed the even bigger contract with the Raiders if it was extortion?

You see, you messed up when you used logic.  People who think like that don't use logic

52 minutes ago, Maxx said:

If those texts from him are legit, he pretty much admitted to doing it.  And he has absolutely proven himself to be a big enough moron to do that this offseason.

Where did you see those and what did they say? The things I have seen he's basically denying (like an asshole, but still)

1 hour ago, Trent Buschetta said:

You can get a glimpse of how toxic a man’s views are when he immediately calls bullshit on a sexual assault allegation that has nothing to do with him.

People shouldn't immediately call anything on either side of any type of allegations. Nobody knows anything about it so shouldn't come to any conclusions.

People calling for his head or defending him are as bad as each other and both toxic. Let the legal system handle it until any judgement is cast.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Meacon said:

*Looks at the carpet, never making eye-contact*: “I’m not going to answer your questions if you keep asking them.”

It reminds me of the commercial for that Mr. Inbetween show I've been seeing...

Reporters: can we ask you some questions?

Belicheck: I don't answer questions.

Rep: Why not?

Belicheck: I, uh, don't answer questions.

Rep: Is there anyone here that can?

Belicheck: I don't answer questions. On to Miami.

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

Why wouldn’t the lawsuit have come when he signed the even bigger contract with the Raiders if it was extortion?

My question is - why wait until now, when this happened last year?

The timing does seem strange on her part, which is leading people to question the validity of her claim.

1 hour ago, JMarushin said:

Where did you see those and what did they say? The things I have seen he's basically denying (like an asshole, but still)

Second post on this page

2 hours ago, Meacon said:

Well I mean that’s her call. There’s no time limit anyone should put on when a woman wants to blow the whistle on something like this. I find it pathetic that people are making it about a “Patriot” as opposed to a man accused of a heinous crime.

I never wanted AB on the Patriots.  I don't want AB on the Patriots now.  Yeah he's talented, but he's too much trouble. I'd rather have Demaryius over AB.

I expect, only because it's a civil trial, all parties to drag their feet doing something. He hasn't been charged with a crime, which feels out of the realm of what the NFL has committed to enforce. Those emails are extremely damning, and the NFL may put him in the exempt list but I doubt it. And if he settles out of court then I fully expect no punishment. Especially with CBA negotiations on the horizon.

Also bringing a civil suit isn't exactly a "drive to the court and do it" situation, you consult with experts and attorneys in advance. The mere notion that she'd do this as an extortion attempt because AB signed with New England is impossible based on facts alone.

Sam Darnold who was sent home from practice yesterday with strep throat has now been diagnosed with mono.  Out Monday and probably for multiple weeks.  Also Le’Veon Bell’s getting an MRI for a shoulder injury and CJ Mosley is still injured.

Given their early schedule, the Jets season seems like it’s already over.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Trent Buschetta said:

Sam Darnold who was sent home from practice yesterday with strep throat has now been diagnosed with mono.  Out Monday and probably for multiple weeks.  Also Le’Veon Bell’s getting an MRI for a shoulder injury and CJ Mosley is still injured.

Given their early schedule, the Jets season seems like it’s already over.

They’re the Jets. Their season is always over before it begins.

• Haha 1