2017 NFL Off-Season Thread

Schlitzbrille

6 minutes ago, damshow said:

To be fair all the good players quit when Harbaugh was fired.

Vince Lombardi :shifty: 

1 hour ago, Lineker said:

Josh McCown has been released.

I know where he can go :shifty: 

Gotta love Michael Floyd, the guy who got cut from the Cardinals for a DUI trying to shit talk fans because now he's a champion.  Michael Floyd's post season stats?  3 targets, 1 catch, 9 yards, no TDs.  None of which occurred in the Super Bowl.  Gosh, I don't think the Pats could have done it without him, what a key contributor.

Thanks New England, way to validate the poor life decisions of a guy had two DUIs, then got drunk, drove and then fell asleep at the wheel. 

• Like 6

4 hours ago, Maxx said:

Gotta love Michael Floyd, the guy who got cut from the Cardinals for a DUI trying to shit talk fans because now he's a champion.  Michael Floyd's post season stats?  3 targets, 1 catch, 9 yards, no TDs.  None of which occurred in the Super Bowl.  Gosh, I don't think the Pats could have done it without him, what a key contributor.

Thanks New England, way to validate the poor life decisions of a guy had two DUIs, then got drunk, drove and then fell asleep at the wheel. 

He was inactive for the AFC championship and the Super Bowl

I only remember him playing in the Miami game tbh.

He's another example of the NFL rewarding bad behaviour, really. He could have stayed in Arizona after the DUI but apparently showed no remorse and had a bad attitude, so we cut him and rightly so despite the fact he was one of the team's leading receivers for the last 4 years. Then he gets immediately picked up by a Super Bowl contender and lo and behold, "wins" a ring a few months later.

The real question is - did he get a ring? I know there used to be minimums for games played, but I'm 99% sure that was abolished and the team just gets x amount to distribute as they see fit.

Trubisky takes an Aaron Rodgers like tumble from #2 to #23 after one round of mock drafts. Interesting.

I'm just hoping the Eagles get one of the top five CB's. I'd much rather get Wilson though, feel like they need a tough and physical corner.

6 hours ago, DFF said:

The real question is - did he get a ring? I know there used to be minimums for games played, but I'm 99% sure that was abolished and the team just gets x amount to distribute as they see fit.

The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have also been known to give rings to former players and coaches that were on the team at some point during the season, despite not having been on the winning roster for the Super Bowl itself