2018 College Football thread

Lineker

Good game @VerbalPuke. I think we both can at least agree that college football is better when Notre Dame and Michigan are playing each other. You'll get your shot for revenge next year in the Big House.

That said, I was 110% more scared of Dylan McCaffrey leading a comeback than Shea Patterson. Patterson shit the bed when under pressure. But McCaffrey is going to end up being a baller for you guys, assuming he doesn't transfer from lack of playing time. 

11 hours ago, Meacxico said:

Good game @VerbalPuke. I think we both can at least agree that college football is better when Notre Dame and Michigan are playing each other. You'll get your shot for revenge next year in the Big House.

That said, I was 110% more scared of Dylan McCaffrey leading a comeback than Shea Patterson. Patterson shit the bed when under pressure. But McCaffrey is going to end up being a baller for you guys, assuming he doesn't transfer from lack of playing time. 

Yeah, McCaffrey obviously has good genetics for football so he could be the guy Michigan needs. 

They just really need to figure out how to beat good teams. I’m hoping Harbaugh isn’t another Schembechler...guy with talented teams but never really wins anything important. I find it funny how revered Bo is when his bowl record sucked and his teams always under achieved. But that’s another story for another day. 

I ended up popping on 205 Live during the second half. I’m the biggest bandwagon fan with Michigan. If they’re getting their ass kicked I’m just not that interested in watching. 

38 minutes ago, VerbalPuke said:

Yeah, McCaffrey obviously has good genetics for football so he could be the guy Michigan needs. 

They just really need to figure out how to beat good teams. I’m hoping Harbaugh isn’t another Schembechler...guy with talented teams but never really wins anything important. I find it funny how revered Bo is when his bowl record sucked and his teams always under achieved. But that’s another story for another day. 

I ended up popping on 205 Live during the second half. I’m the biggest bandwagon fan with Michigan. If they’re getting their ass kicked I’m just not that interested in watching. 

I get it. I'm the exact opposite though. I watched every bleeding second of our 4-8 season two years ago. And every painful minute of our 3-9 season in 2007. And every heartpunching play in the 2012 National Championship. 

My wife says my third (but oldest) child is actually Notre Dame football. :shifty: 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Meacxico said:

I get it. I'm the exact opposite though. I watched every bleeding second of our 4-8 season two years ago. And every painful minute of our 3-9 season in 2007. And every heartpunching play in the 2012 National Championship. 

My wife says my third (but oldest) child is actually Notre Dame football. :shifty: 

That's how I am with the Lions. I just grew up a bigger fan of them and always had a passing interest in Michigan, basically if they're good cool, I"m happy. If not, that sucks but I'm not overly upset. I probably couldn't tell you anybody on our team beyond the QB and the RB Higdon. 

21 hours ago, Meacxico said:

I don't know if I should think Miami is going to be terrible, or if LSU is going to be great, or if it's a little of both. I wouldn't think a Mark Richt team would be terrible, but I also wouldn't think an Ed Orgeron team would be great. :shifty: 

I think the real answer here is that this was a Mark Richt team in a big game. Miami will still win 9 or 10 and compete for the ACC crown, which they'll naturally lose to Clemson (or VA Tech... or FSU).

You know why I think college football is perfect and a four-team playoff is all that we need? We're only in week 2 and teams like Washington, Michigan, Miami, and Florida State are in do-or-die mode. If they lose one more game the rest of the way, they pretty much have no chance making the playoffs. Every game they have the rest of the way is must-win. You start having eight or sixteen team playoffs and that excitement and must-win mentality goes right out the window.