The Emirates FA Cup 2018/19

Lineker

No because that's restricting the manager's ability and I actually hate that they have/had that rule (it's not as many as 11 like, that's far too many) in the Checkatrade.

Basically will just have to leave it as it is because everything we can all think of has problems :lol:

1 hour ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

No because that's restricting the manager's ability and I actually hate that they have/had that rule (it's not as many as 11 like, that's far too many) in the Checkatrade.

Basically will just have to leave it as it is because everything we can all think of has problems :lol:

So you want teams to field (near enough) their strongest sides and take the cup seriously but also for the manager to be able to make as many changes as they want? As long as managers can play a weakened team, they will and are probably told to by the money men; I don't have figures at hand but I'd guess the prize money for getting to the semi final is the equivalent of about 3 places in the Premier League.

You get 3.6 million for winning the FA Cup I think. That'll get you maybe a small part of a highly rated English young footballer

How about the League Cup for all EFL teams and Premier League teams not in Europe?

Keep the EFL Trophy, remove the academy sides and replace them with selected National League sides (which I believe they did at one point). The competition would be better having Leyton Orient, Salford City, Wrexham, Barnet and a few others than Stoke City U21's etc.

Apart from increasing the prize fund, I can't think of other incentives for the top clubs in the FA Cup as said above, UEFA rules state Champions League places come from the League.

45 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Keep the EFL Trophy, remove the academy sides and replace them with selected National League sides (which I believe they did at one point). The competition would be better having Leyton Orient, Salford City, Wrexham, Barnet and a few others than Stoke City U21's etc.

That would add so many extra games in an already packed season. League, FA Cup, EFL Tropy and FA Vase. Not to mention the Europa League.

41 minutes ago, MDK said:

That would add so many extra games in an already packed season. League, FA Cup, EFL Tropy and FA Vase. Not to mention the Europa League.

Surely it would be less games for those in the Europa League if they don't enter the League Cup. 

Regarding selected National League sides, they could be invited so can choose not to participate if that's an issue for them. They could also restructure it back to when it was a straight knock out.

15 minutes ago, Nelson said:

Surely it would be less games for those in the Europa League if they don't enter the League Cup. 

Orient are targeting a Europa League place next season :shifty:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, MDK said:

FA Trophy. The FA Vase is for clubs below the FA Trophy qualifying level, from Level 9 down.

Your team is in it and you don't even know the competition :facepalm:.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Adam es Tranquilo said:

FA Trophy. The FA Vase is for clubs below the FA Trophy qualifying level, from Level 9 down.

Your team is in it and you don't even know the competition :facepalm:.

Vase, Trophy, Cup, Mug, its all shit at this level.

• Haha 2

• Admin

The FA Cup fourth-round tie between Arsenal and Manchester United will be live on BBC One on Friday, 25 January.

It is one of three games being broadcast on the BBC that weekend, with Millwall v Everton (Saturday, 17:30 GMT) and Chelsea v Sheffield Wednesday or Luton (Sunday, 18:00) also live.

The fifth-round draw takes place on The One Show on 28 January from 19:00.

43 minutes ago, Baddar said:

Really looking forward to that. Only a fortnight away!

Barnet/Brentford does wet the appetite like