Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

I'd say points deductions rather than fines. I don't think the clubs can be blamed if fans decide to be idiots and ignore what I'm sure will be strict instructions to maintain social distancing, and fines won't mean a thing to them, whereas their team losing points might dissuade them.

I doubt any team would shirk on the cleanliness guidelines for nefarious footballing reasons. General cheapness yes (there's rats in my stand...), but player areas will be fine.

I'm fairly resigned to Newcastle being the last club to refund supporters, if they do at all.

17 minutes ago, Baddar said:

One of the Utd news sites on Twitter just posted that 25 of Sky's 64 remaining games will be free-to-air. I'd wait for official confirmation but that's good if so.

Yup

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52833725

• Like 1

Does that mean I can watch the Sky games through Now TV? Not got a box or even an aerial here.

I'm glad they're doing that though, it makes sense I reckon. Probably do record numbers of viewers even without it!

Being able to watch 12 games a week is going to cost me my girlfriend...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Baddar said:

Do you get Sky Sports Mix through Now TV? I'd imagine that will be the channel that will carry the free matches, along with the main Sky Sports PL one.

I read yesterday it would be on Pick. That's a Freeview channel, isn't it?

31 minutes ago, Baddar said:

It's being reported that on the request of the police, Man Utd v Sheffield United (plus 5 other fixtures) will be played at neutral venues.

Basically all games involving teams from the North as we are uncultured and cannot be trusted <_<