Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

52 minutes ago, Cymbols said:

To clarify, better as in, not completely unlikable. 

You think Chelsea are likeable? I know we're not everyone's cups of tea but fucking hell

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cymbols said:

Liverpool are apparently looking at Kai Havertz instead, who is a very different style of player, but still really quite good.

Forgot to mention about this that I would love Havertz but I honestly can't see us spending anywhere near the money that would be needed. 

Werner's minimum fee release was felt to be too much given the current climate. We've also paid for the new training ground and I imagine they'll be happy sticking with Minamino and Origi as back up. That and taking into account no matchday earnings etc I think we won't sign anyone. 

Think Tottenham and a lot of other clubs will be in a similar positions. Tottenham have apparently had to take out a loan for financial support. I imagine Woodward will have secured sponsorships from obscure companies to help boost any potential incomings

Tyrone Mings was out during the BLM protests. Such a tricky one, I respect his conviction but it makes all the care taken with testing the players a bit silly. Puts the league in a horrible position too as logically he shouldn't be playing unless he takes another test fairly sharpish.

32 minutes ago, Tigerstyle said:

I respect him going, if it fucks his football career so be it and I’m sure he was aware of that when he done it and still made the choice that felt right to him.

I'm pretty sure Colly is talking about the now massively increased chance that Mings will contract coronavirus and then pass it on to his team mates and opponents, which would obviously have huge ramifications for the Premier League.

• Thanks 1

• Admin

Just been reading the Guardian's write-up on the fixture dates; thought this was worth flagging:

There were not too many resolutions passed during the three-hour call, although the use of five substitutes for the remainder of the season was voted through. Shareholders also approved an increase in the number of players on the bench from seven to nine.

Some of the demands from broadcasters to enhance their coverage were granted – namely a camera in the tunnel, a microphone on the coin toss between the captains, a celebration-cam and optional crowd noise on the TV. Dressing-room cameras and half-time interviews are unlikely to happen. They were not discussed during the meeting.

6 hours ago, Adam said:

I'm pretty sure Colly is talking about the now massively increased chance that Mings will contract coronavirus and then pass it on to his team mates and opponents, which would obviously have huge ramifications for the Premier League.

Yes and no I guess, I'm less arsed about the Premier League and more bothered about any increased spread of coronavirus. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer to this one, but for me it doesn't feel quite right to prioritise showing solidarity for black men in America (and yes I'm aware it's much bigger than that and affects the UK too) over putting the disproportionate number of BAME staff in our hospitals at risk. Mings will no doubt have experienced the same kind of racism BLM stand against, and I can't criticise him for his decision, but during the pandemic I have to think there's a better way.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Hobo said:

I remember last year the Pulisic thing happened and... I dont think he tore up many trees so far?

Partly this is because he spent half the season tearing up his abductor muscle instead of trees.

13 minutes ago, stokeriño said:

Partly this is because he spent half the season tearing up his abductor muscle instead of trees.

That was silly of him!

Update on the TV fixtures to include the free Sky ones:

Spoiler

Wednesday 17 June
18:00 Aston Villa v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports)
20:15 Man City v Arsenal (Sky Sports)

Friday 19 June
18:00 Norwich City v Southampton (Sky Sports/Pick)
20:15 Spurs v Man Utd (Sky Sports)

Saturday 20 June
12:30 Watford v Leicester City (BT Sport)
15:00 Brighton v Arsenal (BT Sport)
17:30 West Ham v Wolves (Sky Sports)
19:45 AFC Bournemouth v Crystal Palace (BBC)

Sunday 21 June
14:00 Newcastle United v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports/Pick)
16:15 Aston Villa v Chelsea (Sky Sports)
19:00 Everton v Liverpool (Sky Sports/Pick)*
Venue TBC

Monday 22 June
20:00 Man City v Burnley (Sky Sports)

Tuesday 23 June
18:00 Leicester City v Brighton (Sky Sports)
20:15 Spurs v West Ham (Sky Sports)

Wednesday 24 June
18:00 Man Utd v Sheff Utd (Sky Sports/Pick)
18:00 Newcastle United v Aston Villa (BT Sport)
18:00 Norwich City v Everton (BBC)
18:00 Wolves v AFC Bournemouth (BT Sport)
20:15 Liverpool v Crystal Palace (Sky Sports)

Thursday 25 June
18:00 Burnley v Watford (Sky Sports/Pick)
18:00 Southampton v Arsenal (Sky Sports)
20:15 Chelsea v Man City (BT Sport)

Saturday 27 June
12:30 Aston Villa v Wolves (BT Sport)

Sunday 28 June
16:30 Watford v Southampton (Sky Sports/Pick)

Monday 29 June
20:00 Crystal Palace v Burnley (Amazon Prime Video)

Tuesday 30 June
20:15 Brighton v Man Utd (Sky Sports/Pick)

Wednesday 1 July
18:00 Arsenal v Norwich City (BT Sport)
18:00 AFC Bournemouth v Newcastle United (Sky Sports/Pick)
18:00 Everton v Leicester City (Sky Sports)
20:15 West Ham v Chelsea (Sky Sports)

Thursday 2 July
18:00 Sheff Utd v Spurs (Sky Sports)
20:15 Man City v Liverpool (Sky Sports)*
*Venue TBC

Pleased with them...

• Admin

Top 10 Premier League matches

Shearer:

1. Man City 3-2 QPR (2011/12)
  2. Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle (1995/96)
  3. Tottenham 3-5 Man Utd (2001/02)
  4. Newcastle 4-4 Arsenal (2010/11)
  5. Man Utd 4-3 Man City (2009/10)
  6. Newcastle 5-0 Man Utd (1996/97)
  7. Chelsea 2-2 Tottenham (2015/16)
  8. Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool (2013/14)
  9. Arsenal 3-2 Man Utd (1997/98)
  10. Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal (2008/09)

Wright:

1. Man City 3-2 QPR (2011/12)
  2. Liverpool 4-3 Newcastle (1995/96)
  3. Crystal Palace 3-3 Liverpool (2013/14)
  4. Newcastle 5-0 Man Utd (1996/97)
  5. Everton 3-2 Wimbledon (1993/94)
  6. Tottenham 3-5 Man Utd (2001/02)
  7. Arsenal 2-4 Man Utd (2004/05)
  8. Liverpool 4-4 Arsenal (2008/09)
  9. Leeds 4-3 Liverpool (2000/01)
  10. Man Utd 4-3 Man City (2009/10)

24 minutes ago, Bobfoc said:

Sky Sports will use FIFA 20 stadium sounds to accompany Premier League matches. I hear that something similar is available for Bundesliga games.

And it was terrible today during Leverkusen-Bayern.

And I'm someone who actually supports this stadium sounds thing.

The stadium sounds have been hit or miss. Dortmund-Bayern was good and had a solid flow with the match. Other matches it's just been flat and never crescendoing when there's action.

That's at least for the Fox Sports broadcast here in the US but I wager they use the same sounds for all broadcasts