Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

45 minutes ago, GA! said:

This is the problem when you rely on technology too much, the referee isn’t even looking out for those decisions anymore. It was blatantly over the line but... nope, the watch didn’t vibrate, no goal.

To be fair the ref couldn't see it through the crowd, so without goal line tech there's still a fair chance it isn't given. It doesn't make it better today but unlike VAR it's been absolutely perfect since its introduction, so I can understand the ref not giving it without a signal.

Nerves got to me. Cashed at around 80 minutes instead of seeing it out. Left $600 on the table to do it, won just over $1K. 

And to think, I really wanted to go bigger and say it'd be 0-0 too 😑

1 minute ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

Nerves got to me. Cashed at around 80 minutes instead of seeing it out. Left $600 on the table to do it, won just over $1K. 

And to think, I really wanted to go bigger and say it'd be 0-0 too 😑

What was your stake? Because anything over $5 on a game after three months off is mental.

I bet $500. FanDuel will credit you up to $500 on your first bet if you don't win so it's pretty much playing with free money on your first bet, so long as you plan on using that amount eventually. 

• Like 1

Just now, Baddar said:

Also you're fucking mental for staking that much. 

That's the beauty of the first bet with them, mate. If I lost there, I wasn't losing $500. I get it credited back to use on future bets. I would never bet that high on anything in my life otherwise 😂

And I thought Baddar was our resident gambler!!

Just a quick thought...aren't they meant to check goal line technology works before the game? 

3 minutes ago, It's Pronounced Zoom-E said:

You'd have to bet the credit, but you can bet it in small amounts over a length of time. I was planning on making it last for a months to a year if I lost

Or just put the £500 on Liverpool to win the league right?

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Colly said:

To be fair the ref couldn't see it through the crowd, so without goal line tech there's still a fair chance it isn't given. It doesn't make it better today but unlike VAR it's been absolutely perfect since its introduction, so I can understand the ref not giving it without a signal.

True. Doesn’t help from our perspective that Nyland was badly trying to act innocent while hugging the ball *behind* the goal post. Guess this is the first noted time where the tech failed.