Premier League 2019/20

Lineker

4 minutes ago, lanky316 said:

Not even sure why he punched that in, it was probably in if he hadn't done so. Guess makes up for the blatant penalty but how shit do Spurs look?

Couldn't get his hand out of the way.

Spurs attacks are so slow, no one runs anywhere. Everything's a jog at best, it's so easy to retain your shape and defend against.

I don't actually understand what Mourinho is trying to achieve, tactically speaking. Surely he can't believe that slowly passing the ball around while not moving much and committing four players to an attack is going to win you football matches.

4 minutes ago, Gazz said:

I don't actually understand what Mourinho is trying to achieve, tactically speaking. Surely he can't believe that slowly passing the ball around while not moving much and committing four players to an attack is going to win you football matches.

Maybe he's doing it as a 'hey big Dan, I need some money to spend. Thanks' kinda thing to Levy.

Mourinho is an odd manager to have take over midway through a season because he's rather strict with the type of squad he fields. So he usually likes to make the necessary adjustments during his first transfer window in charge.

I'm holding off judgment for a few months, beyond saying his style is so unbelievably boring in an era where Guardiola and Klopp are both managing in the Premier League.

Fair play that second goal. But that penalty decision is a fucking joke. 

7 minutes ago, MJB said:

Greenwood! Special little player. 

From a Villa point of view, what the hell is Mings doing? That's twice he's stood off Greenwood 20 yards out and not even taken a step towards him.

Mings is massively overrated to be honest.

They confirmed tonight that VAR got it wrong in all three games tonight. What is that?

- No foul on Fernandes for the penalty, it should have been a free kick to Aston Villa.

- Foul on Kane by King, should have been a penalty.

- No foul on Ward-Prowse for the penalty that Southampton missed.

I'll say it again...the referees in this country are so inept and so arrogant that they cannot implement technology properly and simply can't officiate matches competently. I've seen all these back (watched Everton-Saints live) and they aren't even difficult in my opinion once you go to VAR. It's so crap that they keep getting it so wrong.

• Like 1

• Admin
21 minutes ago, Adam said:

They confirmed tonight that VAR got it wrong in all three games tonight. What is that?

- No foul on Fernandes for the penalty, it should have been a free kick to Aston Villa.

- Foul on Kane by King, should have been a penalty.

- No foul on Ward-Prowse for the penalty that Southampton missed.

I'll say it again...the referees in this country are so inept and so arrogant that they cannot implement technology properly and simply can't officiate matches competently. I've seen all these back (watched Everton-Saints live) and they aren't even difficult in my opinion once you go to VAR. It's so crap that they keep getting it so wrong.

Dan Walker has confirmed this:

So infuriating. 

They're so worried about making a quick call instead of the right one. 

Also, the "clear and obvious error" thing was evident in the United game, and why it's flawed. Didn't look a pen on Bruno, but VAR didn't want to overrule the referee as it wasn't clear-cut enough. 

They could make some small changes to it next season and it'd be for the better.