NBA 2019-2020 Season

Pooker

On 30/10/2019 at 23:22, Jasonmufc said:

Greg Oden, but that's more sad than dissapointing

Yea, maybe Oden, but is hard to take injuries into consideration. For players who haven't gotten major injuries, Howard has got to be the biggest disappointment.

Draymond Green is injured now, which is a shame. I was looking forward to watching him fail without any good players around him.

4 hours ago, Pooker said:

Yea, maybe Oden, but is hard to take injuries into consideration. For players who haven't gotten major injuries, Howard has got to be the biggest disappointment.

Draymond Green is injured now, which is a shame. I was looking forward to watching him fail without any good players around him.

I feel Dwight Howard has achieved too much to be a proper dissapointment. He was (one of) the best bigman in the NBA for seven seasons until his back injuries started derailing him, even in two injury plagued seasons that followed (including the LA one) he was still the league leader in rebounds. And only last season he dipped below the 10RPG and 1.2BPG. And not just injuries has set him back, the game has changed away from guys like him, so he's gotten the ball less (because 3's > Post ups).

Dwight is a beast when he's healthy, but he's like many hyper-athletic players in that he's gotten injured and since then they just have piled up constantly. The notion that Howard has ever been 'average' is ridiculous. He's 34 now, and with all that he's got on his body, his prime is well gone. But his efficiency is there in the numbers, even now that he's backup center.

Honestly, Derrick Rose is a bigger 'what if' than Dwight Howard. He proper derailed after his MVP season due to the horror injury he suffered. BUT even then, he's a damn good Point Guard, just not as insanely dominant and athletic than he was before his injury.

That's what makes me a skeptic about Zion too, dudes insanely talented, but his game is about his extreme athleticism, and he's way too heavy for an undersized bigman. This meniscus injury might be the start of a troubled career, because you need to be a freak like LeBron to have a long healthy career. I'm not calling him a bust, but he definitely seems like he could definitely become one.

I never said he was average. He has had a pretty good career. However, after watching his first few seasons in the league, I always thought that he had the potential to be a Shaq-like dominating center. 25 points per game, 13 rebounds per game, win a title or two, be bound for the Hall of Fame. But, to me, before his injuries started to pile up, he always seemed content to be the player that he was, never tried to improve his post game, and therefore, he never lived up to the potential I thought he had.

Rose is a great "What If?" And with the way he's been able to return and be playing close to a high level again, just makes you wonder how great he really could have been.

I really like Zion, both as a player, and he seems like a good human too. But, he needs to either lose weight or  develop more of a jump shot game. I'm hoping that playing with Derrick Favors, he'll learn a thing or two to improve his game and not rely on his extreme athleticism.

2 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Warriors are legitimately going to get a top 3 pick. It's a cruel irony it happens this year instead of last year when the most loaded draft class in a generation was there.

But, still, they could land on a stud and have it transform their fortunes as Curry and Klay get older.

If they flip Russell, and maybe Draymond (depending on how good you think he'll still be when they can contend again, and their loyalty to him), they can set up a nice second run.

12 hours ago, damsher hatfield said:

The Warriors are legitimately going to get a top 3 pick. It's a cruel irony it happens this year instead of last year when the most loaded draft class in a generation was there.

But, still, they could land on a stud and have it transform their fortunes as Curry and Klay get older.

But Melo Ball :shifty:

So the NBA came out and said that they are OK with the Clippers resting Kawhi Leonard on back to backs because they believe the Clippers medical staff that Kawhi's knee is hurt enough to require the rest.

And the next day, they fine the Clippers $50,000 for inconsistent reports about Kawhi's supposed injury. This league had no idea what it is doing about load management and it's becoming a joke.

While I understand that some players need rest during the regular season and that it is a long, grueling season with a bunch of nagging injuries, Kawhi is taking it to a whole other level. And it's a joke to me. He claims he's still injured, but theres never been any prove outside of his word and the Clippers have been inconsistent with their injury reports about him, hence the fine.

And if he really is still injured, or recovering from an injury, how is he able to play at an MVP level when he does play? I've watched a lot of basketball and I dont think I've ever seen an "injured" player average 29 points per game.

1 hour ago, Pooker said:

So the NBA came out and said that they are OK with the Clippers resting Kawhi Leonard on back to backs because they believe the Clippers medical staff that Kawhi's knee is hurt enough to require the rest.

And the next day, they fine the Clippers $50,000 for inconsistent reports about Kawhi's supposed injury. This league had no idea what it is doing about load management and it's becoming a joke.

I believe Kawhi has a degenerative (or something similar) condition in his knee, so it's legit. The problem was Doc Rivers saying he was fine.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pooker said:

While I understand that some players need rest during the regular season and that it is a long, grueling season with a bunch of nagging injuries, Kawhi is taking it to a whole other level. And it's a joke to me. He claims he's still injured, but theres never been any prove outside of his word and the Clippers have been inconsistent with their injury reports about him, hence the fine.

And if he really is still injured, or recovering from an injury, how is he able to play at an MVP level when he does play? I've watched a lot of basketball and I dont think I've ever seen an "injured" player average 29 points per game.

Did you not see him last year in the playoffs? You can still play at a high level while being hurt, it's just a matter of how much wear and tear you want to put on it. And he and Clippers are smartly reducing the amount of wear and tear on a thing they can't really fix, it's just about managing at this point.

What's really bullshit is fans complaining about load management when the NBA schedules a 100-game regular and post season in an 8 month span. If your team is good enough to reach the playoffs in the spot your organisation is comfortable with by resting players during certain games, by all means go for it. It's not the players' fault the NBA wants to suck every possible penny out of their fans. Why do some teams need to face each other four times in the regular season, when they could conceivably face each other another seven times in the post is beyond me.

• Like 1