Euro 2020(1)

Lineker

Well. The FA got a 30.000€ fine for the behavior of some of the english fans on wednesday. 

When Hungarian fans behaved badly, UEFA sent the Hungarian FA a 100k € fine and three home games without fans (so England fans, doesn't have to bother travelling to Budapest in September). Granted this was because of anti LGBTQ banners (in just about all group games) and racistic remarks (especially towards France)

I pretty much expected this. UEFA have really not looked great whenever they have been supposed to be great during this tournament. This is just another one. But if i have to give them credit. I wouldnt really known what else could suffice

¨¯_(ツ)_/¯

4 hours ago, Lineker said:

Tesco shutting all their stores early so staff can watch the game.

It’s a Sunday. Most of their stores will have been closed for 4 hours by kick off. Good for their Express staff though, I guess?

59 minutes ago, Twist said:

It’s a Sunday. Most of their stores will have been closed for 4 hours by kick off. Good for their Express staff though, I guess?

Closes 7.45pm. Providing they can get any last minute shoppers out and lock up at that exact time, they may make kick off if they live close enough...

Hardly an amazing gesture from them.

When I see companies doing announcement's like this it just makes me cringe if they genuinely cared they would shut the smaller stores at least an hour or 2 before. The big stores are only allowed to open till like 4 or 5 because of Sunday trading law's

I'm a bit indifferent to it, I'd be surprised if they couldn't staff every Tesco Express with people who couldn't give a toss about the footie. I'd happily work through England playing a rugby cup final or similar.

In other Tesco news, this is fucking awful but some of the replies (I'm looking at you Doncaster Council) are wonderful.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

This relentless build-up is annoying me. I know it's an occasion that's historic for the England team, but it's just football. With everyone encouraged to be loud and proud, I can see plenty of things being smashed and people being targeted tonight, regardless of the result.

Alright, hope everyone has a lovely day regardless of the result. 

I'll be off to queue up outside the pub in under an hour to watch with a bunch of pals. It's been quite a shit year and a half, so would be super sweet to celebrate something like this with a bunch of people I love, but proud of this team regardless.

I've loved this Euros, I very much love this England team, hope they can bring it home.

Hope everyone here enjoys the game and has a great day however they're spending it! 

It's coming home.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jimmy said:

Alright, hope everyone has a lovely day regardless of the result. 

I'll be off to queue up outside the pub in under an hour to watch with a bunch of pals. It's been quite a shit year and a half, so would be super sweet to celebrate something like this with a bunch of people I love, but proud of this team regardless.

I've loved this Euros, I very much love this England team, hope they can bring it home.

Hope everyone here enjoys the game and has a great day however they're spending it! 

It's coming home

Bloody hell Jimmy even I'm not going to the pub for another couple of hours

• Haha 1

Good job I was planning on just watching it in the house as I've been told to self isolate. A day late mind because Track and Trace is shite. 

If I did go out today and was told not to self isolate, I imagine I'd be told to self isolate anyway at some point next week as places are going to be rammed. 

I’m going to watch the final with a Danish friend who was at the semi-final and is still incredibly pissed off at how it went. I’ve got a feeling his whinging might be so much that I might even end up switching allegiance to england five mins in

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, metalman said:

I might even end up switching allegiance to england five mins in

Steady now.

I'm picking up £30 if England lose, and £84 if they win. Not arsed either way. I doubt I'll spend either amount wisely.

Things I didn't think I'd see as much of today when checking the build up for the match on social media:

England fans sticking flares up their hoops.