NFL 2020

Lineker

3 minutes ago, Meacon Keaton said:

Yeah, but if he’s the guy, you just have to wait.

They’ll still have two weeks between conference championships and the Super Bowl this year right? His whole week may be nothing but interviews.

I don't think he's allowed to do any interviews until KC's season is over based on anti-tampering rules. That's what happened to Houston, they requested an interview too late.

The risk for waiting for Bieniemy is that another candidate you actually interviewed and liked could possibly dip out and say "I'm not waiting three more weeks, if my interview didn't sell you already I'm out"

Now of course, it's the NFL and there are only 32 jobs, so if the guy really wants it, he'll wait it out.  But you never know.  Some guys' egos can't handle it if the team doesn't cancel everything else to make them an offer.

So I looked into it since some seem to think waiting is an issue:

Two years ago, Super Bowl assistant coaches Brian Flores and Zac Taylor were hired after the big game. Three years ago Frank Reich was hired after the Super Bowl. And four years ago it was Kyle Shanahan. 

So I guess what I’m saying is that if he doesn’t get a job interview after the Super Bowl, that’s some straight up bullshit. Because it has happened four of the last five years.

• Admin
33 minutes ago, damshow said:

I'd keep an eye on Houston given how the entire organization is on fire because they didn't interview him initially. If there's little movement in their coaching search I'm going to begin thinking they plan to make a big push for Bieniemy as soon as they're able to interview him.

LET'S GO CLEVELAND, WOOOO

• Haha 1