Premier League 2021/22

Lineker

As far as I know, it's the first where there's only been one case of COVID. Using AFCON and suspensions are a ridiculous excuse, especially when Arsenal loaned two players out this week. 

I'm mostly bummed out just cos I had tickets to my first NLD and was excited! 

25 minutes ago, Kyle. said:

Rafa needs to be unemployed by this time tomorrow, please. 2-0 down to Norwich is an absolute joke.

Maybe you can conjure up some positive COVID tests at half-time and get a replay.

There surely has to be some kind of "x amount of COVID cases" rule going forward before games are called off. Injuries and suspensions are part of the game. It's even worse when it comes to PL teams who have under 23/18s squads to call upon if needed, and it isn't like they'd be fielding a whole host of them, especially in recent cases with Leicester and Arsenal.

• Admin
5 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

As far as I know, it's the first where there's only been one case of COVID. Using AFCON and suspensions are a ridiculous excuse, especially when Arsenal loaned two players out this week. 

Your ticket will be valid for the rearranged game.

I think it should have gone ahead, 100%. We had to play our opening games despite far more players out with covid, I just don't like the hypocrisy. Why is it an issue now?

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Jimmy said:

To be fair, there's absolutely no way anyone could have predicted that the African Cup of Nations, scheduled for this time since 2017, would be running at this time.

4 minutes ago, Kaney said:

I think it should have gone ahead, 100%. We had to play our opening games despite far more players out with covid, I just don't like the hypocrisy. Why is it an issue now?

I think partly because we're Spurs fans who are looking at this from a selfish viewpoint, but also because I don't think Arsenal would be trying to postpone the game if it was at home to Norwich. To me it seems like an attempt to use the other examples of postponements to delay an important game, both from a league standpoint due to the current table and a club standpoint because it's a NL derby, until they have a better team available.

• Like 3